Help OBD I code 337, 176, and other issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help OBD I code 337, 176, and other issues

nw1582

Reaction score
City, State
Enterprise, Al
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 4dr 2wd Limited
Ok,
this is driving me nuts, KoEo code 337 again, this is the third time in 2 years. 5.2 volts with engine off, and no change thru throttle range when running. EGR is new, as is the EGR selenoid (BOTH LESS THAN 8K MILES). I've replaced the DPFE both times with the aluminum type with "D" connector.

Has any one had better luck with the BWD EGR157 plastic unit. It says it's a direct replacement, but I can't find any documentation that voltage output is the same. (Even at Borg-Warner).

I'm also getting a 176 Lean code left side on new O2 sensors (7000 Miles) is this likely related to the DPFE?

Finally, I've got a coolant leak, very slow, but not visable on any hoses, radiator or from drips, etc. Can a bad seal from the overflow tank be my culprit?

On a side note, I had the old DPFE, hooked it up and and it showed the same voltage thru testing. The newest one I took off seemed to have some moisture in it as I banged it around just to see if something shook loose.

Is it possible that I have a small head crack that is leaking coolant, and killing these DPFE's.

The only driveabilty issues are crap mileage (14MPG avg) and some surging/ hesitations/bucking in the mid rpm range, especially under load (up hill, etc).

My only guess, is a bunch of crap chinese parts, coolant leak in the head, or a PCM fault, even though I my reference 5Volt and ground appear to be good.

Any Ideas?

Back