Help,Ranger is dead on the side of the road | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help,Ranger is dead on the side of the road

otsego4th

Reaction score
City, State
Gaylord mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ranger
I have a 2000 Ranger 3.0 flex fuel. The other night I lost power and stalled. It cranks fine but wont fire. Had it towed to my mecanic and he dignosed a bad fuel pump/ sender unit. This made sense as my fuel gage quit working before this. So I had it towed to my house changed the fuel pump /sender unit($400.00) started up fine,fuel gage still did not work, drove it about 10 miles and it did the same thing again.

Runs fine, loses power, oil presure gage goes crazy and back to normal, stalls and wont restart.

So the truck is on the side of the road and I'm getting sick of keeping the tow company in business.

Any ideas what is going on?
Thanks

Did you have the battery disconnected when you changed the fuel pump? If you did, you had reset the computer. Might be a bad ECM, or GEM.

Could be something as a bad filter, or a clogged fuel rail.

Your either not getting spark or fuel.

Check for fuel pressure at the shrader valve on the intake. Test the injectors for volts.

Pull a spark plug, and check for lean or rich firing.

I did unhook the battery. My next thought would be the fuel filter. Ive only owned this ranger for about a month so who knows when the last time it was changed. did have a code po176 flex fuel sensor circit malfunction.

Back