Help! Stupid Newbie SeaRay boat Qn | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! Stupid Newbie SeaRay boat Qn

Man, how did I miss this thread?

Congrats on the boat Gerald! We might just have to meet you guys somewhere in SC/NC next summer when we do our first big ocean sail!

Isn't it fun? Like I said before being on the boat is the first time I've been truly relaxed in 30 years. Such a great purchase.

ahhhhhh recent pic from the lake
NOTHING is better then water, friends, outdoors, and watersports:

169882188_l.jpg

carving.jpg

falling.jpg

aldive said:
As a commercial boat operator, I never use my VHF except to get bridges open. The cell phone serves my needs muxh better; too many idiots jabber on the VHF like it were a CB.

I have noticed that around the coastal areas. Out here it is much less crowded on the radio as we have lots of line of sight issues. We just got back from the lake for a long weekend, had the squelch up about half and never heard a peep until we came into the marina this p.m. Very limited cell service at the lake. Oh yeah no bridges to open either

Stephen said:
Man, how did I miss this thread?

Congrats on the boat Gerald! We might just have to meet you guys somewhere in SC/NC next summer when we do our first big ocean sail!

Isn't it fun? Like I said before being on the boat is the first time I've been truly relaxed in 30 years. Such a great purchase.

We would definitely be interested in meeting you on the water next summer. And yeah, hanging out on the boat - especially spending the weekend and sleeping onboard - is extremely relaxing.

Skibug, thanks for the link.

Back