HELP.... where does this vac line go | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP.... where does this vac line go

dablack

Reaction score
City, State
Houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Ok, I have a black rubber vac line on top of the intake manifold right behind the throttle body. 2002 4.0L

It is clipped onto the intake manifold and is rubber, not that hard plastic. It is about the same size as the vac line that goes to the brake booster. The clip is the style where you would have to cut it off.

I removed the intake a year ago and have no idea where this thing goes.

After I get this figured out, I will posting pictures about my engine swap 2008 mustang 4.0L.

thanks
Austin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe it is routed behind the intake manifold, towards the driver side wheel well area where there is a "valve" (do not know the name or function, looks similar to the EGR valve if it was mounted sideways, plastic, with a little hat on top, another very small vacuum line coming out of it, and electrical connector), sits just under the brake fluid reservoir.
Mine was a two-piece hose joined with a plastic connector. I replaced with a single run of hose and use a hose clamp on the intake end.

Anyone knows the name and function of this "valve".........:scratch:

A picture is worth a thousand words.

That's not it.

Here is a picture of where it attaches to the intake manifold.

010_zps3a805189.jpg

ok. Got it. faco was right. I didn't realize that two vac lines went to that.

thanks
Austin

Back