05 Explorer 4.6 V8- Where does this line go? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 Explorer 4.6 V8- Where does this line go?

dylmadbry

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT 4.6l v8. 230,000 miles. I replaced the intake manifold this weekend and as I was putting everything back together, I have a gray wire that comes out of the passenger side firewall along with another shielded line that , The line in question is gray and has a small rubber connector on it. I can’t remember where it goes, and I can’t find the spot where is goes. Please see picture. Thank you for your help. Pic is attached. Don’t know if it’s a small vacuum line or some kind of ground.

2963CAE6-99D9-4135-A928-53082F19B1BB.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like the vaccum line for the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail...

Looks like the vaccum line for the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail...
Thanks sploder. I took another picture. The shielded line in my fingers (which comes through the firewall with the gray line I am referencing) does go to the throttle body and appears to split off to the egr valve.

The gray one does not have near the length to reach the fuel pressure regulator.

I checked again the morning.

BABFD26C-EEFA-48A2-8A84-684081117C55.jpeg

You should be able to tell if you still have the label on the core support, that shows vacuum routing. If so take a pic and we can help you out

It goes to the heater core shutoff valve. You'll find it on the heater hose going to the firewall on passenger side of motor.

Back