Help With A TT And Shackles

UtahX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Grand Junction, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
Anyone in Northern Utah that can help me with this. I have no tools, or place to do this, just the parts and willing to help out. Most I talk to (shops) will not do it, or are asking hundreds to do it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you want to bring it up to Idaho Falls you me and a buddy could knock that out in a just a couple of hours tops... Long drive for that though... Not sure if it would save you much with the cost of gas...

Really appreciate the offer, let think about it. Cost of gas will be a *****. How many miles one way, you know?

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever get that lift kit on?

Nope not yet.

I could give you a hand one of these days... I've done the lift on my 3rd gen, so I can probably do a 2nd gen...

Shackles and a TT, as long as you have an air gun for the TT its CAKE... If not you'll need to get the front end off the ground... Shackles are just a few bolts and bam you're done...

Heath it makes me laugh that you are running around volunteering my services lol. Utahx if you need to bring it up here we can get your lift on, like Heath said its a ways off though, let us know man.

Yeah, that's a long drive. Thanks for the generous offer though. With the price of gas keep going up, not sure I want to do this anymore, cause I would be putting 32" on. Still sitting on the fence though.

Sounds like a good excuse for a tech night/meet and greet to me.

Yeah, that's a long drive. Thanks for the generous offer though. With the price of gas keep going up, not sure I want to do this anymore, cause I would be putting 32" on. Still sitting on the fence though.

If you decide not to put those shackles on, I'll gladly buy them from you. I have a very intimidated looking explorer that needs a lift kit.

And actually with a lift and larger tires, you probably could pull 1-2mpg with that 3.73 gearing.

Depending on how long the project would take there is a possibility I would have a place for you in Sugar House. No air guns though :( but I do have jack stands and ramps.

The TT part will be hard w/o air tools, but it can be done. You'll definitely have to get the front end up off the ground to do it w/o air. Have a good long breaker bar ready too.

Back