• Register Today It's free!

help with no spark problem

daveyscoty

Reaction score
City, State
Tuba City AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer
l have a 91 4x4 with a 4.0 last time I took it wheeling it stalled out with no spark problem....recently bought new ignition coil, wires, plugs, and crankshaft sensor and still no spark...need any kinda info please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With those items replaced, it's either the ICM or the wiring between the crank sensor, ICM, coil and/or ECU.

ok thanks I'll check the wiring and do tests tomorrow......hope I find the problem miss my explorer very much

Are you 100% sure it doesn't have spark? You can't test spark individually, they fire in pairs (front to rear) so all the other plugs/wires need to be installed to be able to pull a single wire off and put a spark tester in-line.

If you're knowledgeable with a multimeter, I'd start at the coil and make sure it's getting power/ground. If it is, then look at the crank sensor and follow it's wiring back to the ICM. Kind of do things in a flow.

everything is connected properly...I'll check voltages in the am and hopefully figure it out...exploder doesn't look happy just kicking back

Have you checked all connections? Are the free of corrosion,dust,debris,and water? Check all grounds as well as you may have knocked a wire loose during your explorer-ation, I would also check all associated wiring within the ignition system just to be safe. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

all wires clean with power to all of everything. ...still no spark idk what the problem still could be

You need to find out of the computer is controlling the coil pack. If it is then replace the pack. If not, work your way back to the crank sensor.

exploder is back on the dirt roads but now a new issue

Back