• Register Today It's free!

help

big_black2

Reaction score
City, State
spruce grove, AB, canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
hi my truck has been sitting for 3 weeks i cant find out whats wrong with it people keep saying this is wrong with it no this is wrong with it its a 92 ford exp 4.0l 4wd and this is whats happening it will start right up ifs it been sitting for like 3 hours or it will not strat and when it does start it will run great when cold but soon as the engine gets little heat to her it bumps the gas out the exhuast and it kills its self when i try to give it any gas check engine light is on then cold but when it gets between the c and the [ it tunrs off and that when it runs like **** and if i cant find out whats wrong with this thing i am going to get it towed away so please help and i have been told its a egr valve does it sound like it and i have been told its the timing chain of and the fuel idel sencer please of please help

I'm having the same problem in my older car. Starts right up, about 5 minutes it dies when it begins to warm up, then it won't start, wait a couple of minutes and it starts, runs good the rest of the day, until it cools down and it starts over again.

I believe its electrical, some faulty sensor or something. If it was something mechanical, ie: timing chain or EGR, it would do it all the time.

Let me know what you find out.

:confused:
big_black2 said:
hi my truck has been sitting for 3 weeks i cant find out whats wrong with it people keep saying this is wrong with it no this is wrong with it its a 92 ford exp 4.0l 4wd and this is whats happening it will start right up ifs it been sitting for like 3 hours or it will not strat and when it does start it will run great when cold but soon as the engine gets little heat to her it bumps the gas out the exhuast and it kills its self when i try to give it any gas check engine light is on then cold but when it gets between the c and the [ it tunrs off and that when it runs like **** and if i cant find out whats wrong with this thing i am going to get it towed away so please help and i have been told its a egr valve does it sound like it and i have been told its the timing chain of and the fuel idel sencer please of please help
:confused:

Get the codes read. It's very simple on your OBD-1. You can do it with a voltmeter or even a paperclip... You can get more info here http://www.batauto.com/

Back