Helpful info for first responders... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Helpful info for first responders...

Gator Jeff

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport 4x4
This was sent out to our department and it's got some good info so I thought I'd share...

What follows is an email sent out to my FD. Some interesting info for first responders and gearheads.

FIREFIGHTER WARNING RE:
CHEVROLET EQUINOX FUEL CELL

Beginning Back in September, 2007, the Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell was deployed in a controlled market test in your service area. This program is expected to continue for several years and involve more than 100 hydrogen fueled vehicles in New York, California and Washington D.C. areas.

Your agency may respond to incidents involving these vehicles during this program. To help you learn about these vehicles, GM has prepared First Responder documents and made them available online for your use.

First Responder information on these vehicles is provided at http://www.gmstc.com click on First Responder. On the First Responder page you can select the Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell First Responder Guide and/or Quick Reference Sheet. The guide provides information on:
= Basics of fuel cell system operation
= Identifying the fuel cell vehicle
= Location of key components
= Method of disabling the vehicle
= Location of b no cut b zones

The Guide and Quick Reference Sheet are provided in PDF format to enable printing of these documents. The Quick Reference Sheet is a valuable asset if printed in color and laminated for use on the rescue vehicle.

Back