Herc: Before & After in One Photo | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Herc: Before & After in One Photo

I corraled a friend of mine (Joe B., who also has a '99 Wedgewood blue Eddie Bauer) so I could make a side-by-side photograph of our two "identical" vehicles. Before and After in one shot. I wish the lighting was better to show off our blue but it was getting late in the afternoon and our vehicles look kinda black. Guess which one is mine Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Okay, well, I lied about one photo Dead Link Removed. Here's another one from the back. FYI, mine's the taller one.

Dead Link Removed

And one from the front. If I had been thinking while taking the photo at the time, it would have looked cool if I would have turned my six headlights on (headlights, factory driving/fogs, and PIAA 520 Black Fogs) but I had a brain fart. Also, notice the angle in the background. I didn't have the camera level, so mine doesn't look as tall since I photoed Joe's up a few inches at an angle. What can I say; I'm an amateur Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

[Edited by GJarrett on 10-19-2000 at 06:35 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Herc,
can you get the herculiner to leave a smooth finish or is it rough. I want to use it on my fenderflares and skirting, but I don't know if it will look good or not. Also can you get the picture of your high lift mount?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Herculiner can be applied with a smooth brush and have a fairly smooth finish, but it will still have a slight texture to it.

Sorry but I cannot produce a picture now. I was using a borrowed digital camera and I have returned it. The mount is HiLift's own mounting bracket for their jacks. You should be able to go to a 4x4 shop and see one. They cost about $25.

Gerald,
I am surprised that with your previous experience with Herculiner that you wouldn't have had some more words of wisdom for someone looking to put that stuff on a skirt!

BTW - How did that mishap fix itself???

Skirt application

Well, I wasn't wearing a skirt at the time. Dead Link Removed

It finally wore off after 10 days - two weeks, but the dye stayed on for about three weeks. I was afraid I was permanently tattooed there for awhile.

That's one of the nicest trucks I've seen. Awesome job!!

Originally posted by jgriffin

can you get the herculiner to leave a smooth finish or is it rough.

Well after the Hootus incident I would say that Gerald could easily tell you of where Herculiner is applicable and what the texture and durability of it is. Like my sig. line Gerald? :D

Back