• Register Today It's free!

Herculiner?

kubben

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1974 XLL
Non-Explorer question so please don't kill me.

I want to put sort of like a truck bedliner in this old hunting boat. Is that what herculiner is? Just roll it over everything? Or is it spray or what?

Any other brands and what does this stuff run?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ask GJarrett, he knows ALL about Herculiner !

Herculiner is about the best self-applied liner. It's a roll on... anything that you can buy that you'll spray on yourself probably won't be good (such as the duplicolor "truck bed coating" product)... other spray-on items like Rhino Lining, Line-X are great but you'll pay for it too.

Where do I buy Herculiner at?

you can buy herculiner lots of places... off-roading stores, even some pep boys/checkers carry them.

K-Mart carries it too.

You'll see mine at the Slabs run in two weeks. The roll-on applicator that comes with it leaves a very rough finish. Assuming you'll be barefoot in your boat you may want to roll it on with a different paint roller that will leave a little smoother finish.

Warning:

kubben, roll it over everything, but don't roll it over everything.

There's an old rule at the target range: Don't point the gun at anything that you would not want to shoot. The rule also applies to Herculiner; Don't put it on anything you don't want herculined. :) Diamonds and Herculiner are forever.

Nuff Said.

Does Herculiner go on smooth or does it have little chunks in it?

AN IDEA !

I just thought about this a few seconds ago, Herculine the stock front and rear bumpers ? I think that would look pretty cool. What ya'll think ?

Clint
93 XLT

Oh my god, awesome product. I originally planned on spraying undercoating under my truck to protect it from the winter months of abuse - salt, snow, etc. I decided though that I would Herculine the under body of the truck. It's not easy work b/c I am doing a real good job. I am scrapping dirt and rust off, treating and removing any rust, and finally cleaning the surface with acetone. I completed about 25% of the underbody in approx. 4 hours time and I am impressed. Rather than using the roller, I swapped for the paint brush and it leaves a nice looking finish. And to further the other statements - the **** is good when you can remove it from your skin even with all types of thinners. (Wear full body armor)

Keith, it dries rock-hard in whatever form you lay it out in. The roller provided has texture so it leaves a textured finish. You can give it whatever texture you wish to. Use a roller with a little less texture to provide a nice dappled finish, or paint brush or smooth roller would leave a much smoother finish.

Just wait two weeks to see mine and you'll be able to see what I am talking about. It doesn't have "chunks", but if it dries with a chunky finish, that is what it is.

Clint, I also Herculiner'd my front WAAG grillguard and rear Manik taillight lens. It looks very tough. I am sure if you did that to your bumpers it would look like a tank. Depends on how tough you want it to look.

Does anyone have a close up picture of what it looks like after it is done,I am very interested.Thanks alot guys Brad in Iowa

Back