Hesitation at speed and now from a stop | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hesitation at speed and now from a stop

OFC4630

Reaction score
City, State
MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
Hi all,

I have a 2006 Explorer 4.0. About 1 month ago I started noticing while I'm driving on the highway at cruising speed (70mph) and I want to overtake another vehicle, after I press the gas my truck it hesitates for about 5-10 seconds before it starts to speeding up. Once I let off the gas sometimes I can feel the transmission shift really hard into OD or 4th gear. I don't drive fast or dog my truck since I know the transmissions are a weak point. Now I'm starting to notice something similar when I'm starting from a red light. When I press on the gas it takes about 5 good seconds for the truck to start to speed up. It sounds like the engine revs (I usually don't usually press the gas over 50%) but the transmission takes a few seconds to catch up and then it goes. My Ex has 133k on it. So far I've changed the spark plugs, coil pack, wires. I have been thinking about changing out the trans solenoid pack when I do a fluid change. Anyone know what my problem sounds like?

Back