Hey guys | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey guys

R

rock883

Hey guys whats up. Most of you may not remember me, but I used to post here very frequently. Actually I was in the top 10 posters, but obviously thats no longer true. I just saw that since I last visited there have been 8,197 threads and 67,454 posts, damn this site sure has grown. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi to some people that I remember fromt his forum, especially mrsteve and JTang. Are you guys still here? I remember mrsteve got rid of his explorer a long time ago, but he may still be here?? Also just wanted to update you all on my system. I still have pretty much the same stuff but I don't think I had the CDT components before, here's what I've got now:

Same Clarion HU. I love this thing, it is about 3 years old and has given me no troubles, whatsoever. Although, the inputs won't work to plug my iPod into, so I had to buy a stupid, cheap, RF modulator which I hate.

Let's see, my 4 channel RF 600a4 amp is now a 2 channel RF 600a 4. So I only have front speakers going now. I want my backs back, but too busy to work on it.

That amp pwers my CDT 5.25 components up front. I love these speakers but the tweets cut out a lot at high volumes, which I listen to very frequently.

15" Kicker L7 in a much, much smaller, and tighter sounding box. It is in the smallest rec. sealed exnclosure size, compared to the gargantuan 6 cube box it is now like 1 cube.

That is powered by a DEI 1100d amp running at 1 ohm. Never has it overheated, although I don't listen to any rap, I still like to listen to my DMB, Ben Harper, Phish, etc with a lot of bump. It just adds so much to the music. Everyone needs to download "Last Stop" by DMB form the Live In Chicago CD. Go to about the 7 minute mark and listen in awe. Carter's double bass will just overwhelm you.
Anyways, thats about it, I guess. I just needed to get some help with my car (weird idling) and I figured I would drop in here and say hi to everyone in the forum I visited most. If anyone wants pics, let me know and I can take some w/ my dig. camera. Talk to you all later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey what's up? havent seen you in a long time. actually mrsteve taded his explorer for another explorer. i dont see JTang much anymore.
i remember when you built that huge box. that thing was badass:)

Have fun catching up on all those missed posts :D

Yeah right. lol. Yeah that box was a very nicely built box, but it just took up way too much space and was starting to sound way too boomy. I thin that was fromt he lack of bracing, lol. Now I have a very small box, and it has an extremely tight sound. I absolutely love that amp and sub, it sounds incredible. So does mrsteve hang around here still? Also, I saw that the last post JTang had was in April, I think. I sort of lost interst in the whole Car Audio scene, mainly cause it was costing me so much money. I just recently checked out some catalogs and stuff and saw the newer head units and all. It's amazing what they're coming out with now. I saw that one Sony HU with the memory stick reader for the display amd was totally blown away by the quality of the picture. I am tempted to bring a memory stick full of pics and movies in to check it out. I would have way too much fun witht hat thing.

he comes around every now and then.

that headunit is cool looking, but i dont think it's worth $1000.
but i would have some cool pics on it if i had it.

Originally posted by leenjen
but i would have some cool pics on it if i had it.

Yeah I would too. lol It also has like a video thing on it. Where it will display a video clip. It had some Fast & The Furious looking thing on there, and it looked awesome. But I don't think it is worth the $1000 either. I woud just rather pay up a couple hundred more and get something with a built-in monitor.

Well, I figured I would let you guys know. The thing I thought that would never happen...happened. Yup, everything (well except my ****ty RF 600a4 amp that only has 2 channels) got stolen sometime Sunday night. I met up with some friends at a parking lot at around 3:00, and we all took one car to go to the lake. They stole my clarion CD player, my kicker 15L7, my DEI 1100d amp, and I had pretty much all of my CD's in there, and my beloved Christmas gift in there (Apple iPod). Total estimated worth of stolen stuff: $1600-2000. Oh and the better news: I just switched insurance companies and switched from full coverage to liability only just this month to save money, and they aren't going to cover a damn thing. I live with my parents still (only 18) and I figured we could go the home-owner's insurance route. Called today and they said the only thing they could cover would be the iPod and the CD's, but I would need to show proof of purchase for the CD's. And the deductible is $500, so basically I just got screwed. I called the cops after I found out (sometime around 10:00, he took some prints on the window, but they said it will take 6 months, and thats if this person even has a criminal record. I had locked all my doors, and my windows were up to the vent visors, but somehow they pushed the window down and unlocked it and went to town. I think it is someone I know, cause they would know what I have in there and all. I don't think some random person saw my car and said hey I bet he's got a bunch of stereo stuff in there, lets go over there and check it out. Oh well, I learned a couple lessons the [very] hard way. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

sorry that that happened man.

That sucks; especially if it were done by someone you know.

Did you have an alarm?

Back