Hi from Hungary!

Karin

Reaction score
City, State
Kunszentmiklos, Hungary
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 4L petrol automatic
Hello!

I'm new here, I live in central Hungary although I am English by birth. I'm a girl, and blonde, so no long technical words please guys! ;) Joking, honest, I may be a girl, but I can cope with techincal stuff to a certain degree.

My main hobby is horse-riding. I also love driving my car (when it works!) Off roading is not that 'common' round here, but there are some fantastic sandy farm tracks that no-one gives a damn if you drive on them and I'm lucky enough to have several acres which I can drive on too. Behind the wheel when off-roading and 'playing' on the dirt-tracks, I've been described as 'brave, mad or slightly dangerous' - take your pick! I've only ever got stuck once - trying to pull my neighbour's car out of a 4' snow drift!

I have a 1998 US import Explorer. She's an Automatic, 4 litre petrol, and currently is very poorly! I found this forum and joined mainly in the hope that someone on here may be able to help me...No-one in Hungary seem to be able to!

So, hello from me. :) Hope to find some help on here for my car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forums! If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Hi, thanks. :)

Oh yeah I have questions! I've asked! :)

Welcome to the forum Karin. Tons of great info. on here. How did you end up in Hungary if you don't mind me asking?

Welcome to the forum Karin. Tons of great info. on here. How did you end up in Hungary if you don't mind me asking?

Well, I was driving through Norfolk, UK, and I got bored and I kept going and going and I ran out of petrol in central Hungary. :)

No, actually, a friend of mine who I was working with in the UK, showed me this place on the internet. he said he'd bought this farm, 50 acres, stables, barn, big house and 2 small cottages, outbuildings, triple garage...for £50K, and I said 'wow, lucky bast*rd!' and he said 'you can come if you want'...

So I did! Cutting a long story short. ;) (I'm a 'seize the day' type of person.)

I drove all the way here myself, in my Pajero, towing my loaded horse-trailer(never driven on the right hand side of the road before.) That car was great, but too expensive to register to use on Hungarian roads, (their beaucracy with 'cars' here is terrible) so it's my 'farm car' and plaything now.

I had to buy a Hungarian registered car, and needed a LHD automatic (have an injured right shoulder, so changing gear with my right hand is agony!) and this Ford Explorer was one of only 6 automatic 4x4s in Hungary.

So that's how come I'm here. With my Ford Explorer.

Do I miss the UK? Sometimes, yes, I miss my family. Do I regret it? No. :)

Just wish the Explorer was a bit more 'healthy' though. Can do without car problems.

Thanks for the welcomes. :) There's so much useful information on here. I never even DREAMT there was a forum just for Explorers. :)

welcome

Welcome Karin- I'm 1/2 Hungarian, does that count? In fact, we made Paprikas Csirke (or Chicken Paprikas for you non-Hungarians) last weekend... :D

Szia 'Joe Dirt'! :) Paprikas Csirke? Finom!! :) Beszel magyarul?

Back