• Register Today It's free!

HID headlight questions

NissanTy

Reaction score
City, State
Western MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer Limited
I plan to order 6000k HIDs for my 08 limited and have a question. My explorer has daytime running lights that I can't seem to turn off. Now will the HIDs eliminate the running lights? or will they be on as they always are? I don't want to install these and end up messing something up. And yes I plan to purchase projector headlights later down the road to go with the HIDs.

First off, please wait and install the HID's and the projector lamps at the same time. Otherwise, you're going to have a lot of people flashing you with their high beams due to the glare.
As for the DRL's I don't think adding HID's will affect them, since you won't be or shouldn't be cutting any wires.

^ What he said. Buy it all at once, its cheap and rude to run HIDs in scatter-beam headlights just do it right the first time.

with a full retrofit conversion, you plug the ballast harness into the old headlight plug. So yes, the HIDs will function exactly like your current headlights.

I originally installed some bright LED bulbs and wasn't happy with the pattern so I returned them and went with the projectors. The projectors are sweet, they are like having your brights on all the time but a shield blocks out the light from going upward and creates that headlight line. With projectors, turning on your brights just moves the shield out of the way.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-projectors-h1s-complete.438923/#post-3496192

Back