hid wiring is reverse?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hid wiring is reverse??

:(hey i ordered the 10000k hod light kit hi/low beam. but the hod i got is hi beam when it should be low beam. the guy said i need to switch the wires around to get the hid back to low beam and the halogen back to hi beam. what wires and how do i go about this? thanks guys help needed asap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would help if you draw up what you have or have a link to where you bought the kit.

its a xenon hid 10000k hid light kit. i got it off of tuning pros.com.. the guy said i have to switch the wires in the light harness or something like that..i just dont know what wires and what hes taking about do i just cut and rewire them or what??

definelty dont cut it, he is reffering to the polarity im assuming you should have to cut any hids if they dont work when plugged in reverse the plug connecting to the ballast(polarity)

I don't think you'll need to cut anything. Most likely he is talking about pins reversed in either the connector that plugs into your original headlight connector or the relay.

Your HID kit is probably wired for 9004 bulbs not your 9007 bulbs. You will have to change some wires to make them work,

Attachments

• 9004vs9007bulb.jpg
    9004vs9007bulb.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 998

Back