HID Xpert Q & A thread. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

Interesting, sometimes relays are not necessary and sometimes they are. If he wants to switch to a different kit I would be happy to help.

Are the high beams working? They just hum loud?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting, sometimes relays are not necessary and sometimes they are. If he wants to switch to a different kit I would be happy to help.

Are the high beams working? They just hum loud?

Correct. Motor running or not, they hum loud. Low beams are fine.

Wish I could hear them in person, I knowing humming from HID kits is normal to an extent. Like our 55w kits are putting out some awesome power they hum but you wouldn't hear it in the car.

Thanks for the orders guys!

Just did an F150 with our new harness the other night, took me 20 minutes! Pictures soon.

I have a 2006 Limited, so the high/low beams are completely functional without any dash warning lights?

Sorry for the delay response, took an extended vacation :) all orders did ship last week!

To answer your question I have not confirmed that yet on a 2006 the kits I have sold so far have been the new style explorer. No codes thrown on the new models, I would be happy to sell you a kit at a discount if you want to try it out.

Sorry for the delay response, took an extended vacation :) all orders did ship last week!

To answer your question I have not confirmed that yet on a 2006 the kits I have sold so far have been the new style explorer. No codes thrown on the new models, I would be happy to sell you a kit at a discount if you want to try it out.

A stupid question from an old school peson (heck, I still run sealed beams in 1 vehicle)..

How much work is involved in installing the HID into a 2006 Mustang, and which kit do you recommend? We would need high and low beams as we drive on a 2 lane twisty road to get home. We run high beams about 20% of the daily commute in winter (20 miles or so per day). I did add a relay so we get fog lights with the high beams which helps, but HID seems like the next step.

~Mark

A stupid question from an old school peson (heck, I still run sealed beams in 1 vehicle)..

How much work is involved in installing the HID into a 2006 Mustang, and which kit do you recommend? We would need high and low beams as we drive on a 2 lane twisty road to get home. We run high beams about 20% of the daily commute in winter (20 miles or so per day). I did add a relay so we get fog lights with the high beams which helps, but HID seems like the next step.

~Mark
sorry for the delay in responding i wasn't subscribed to the thread for some odd reason.
anyway, your stang uses a dual filament h13 bulb. we carry dual hid kits which are direct replacement and retain the hi/lo function.
install is fairly simple, the kit includes a relay harness as well as the hid kit itself.
we have some recent mustang pics on our site:
http://bavtoys.com/gallery7.php
even though its newer it uses the exact same set up as your car.
we recomment either of these kits for the mustang:
www.bavtoys.com/prolumen55.php www.bavtoys.com/x55.php
please pm or call us for some tester discounts we may be able to offer you.

I have the aftermarket eBay stylee CCFL halo projector headlights and I'm pretty sure adding a HID kit would give me better lighting, they use H1 bulbs.

What would you recommend for them and standard fog lights on a 99 sport?

Si

Back