High flow pre-cats/exhaust help

blue_goose

Reaction score
City, State
WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 4x4 4.0 200K
2002 4.0, 115K
So the cats are in rough shape, the front 2 pre cats are going and the rear is gone. I want to replace the pre cats with the o2 sensor with high flows, but cant find any except for universals and i have no idea if they will fit or not. Where should I get them from? Where have members gotten them in the past? and do they have a spot for the o2 sensors to plug in? I hate all this computer/sensor stuff cause its a pain and it always gives me trouble so I want to make sure that everything will be happy once I'm done.
Also, The exhaust shop said it would be louder but not overpowering if i put a glasspack in place of the resonator. This I don't know much about, anyone do this and if so how did it sound? I just want a little louder sound (but no louder then the all terrains while cruising at 65) and more power if I can get it but not sure how to go about it. Any recommendations for this? Tried to search but was hard to find something exact and applicable to this situation. Thanks for the help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get rid of the third cat and change the muffler to a 70 series Flowmaster. It will give you some rumble but not be overly loud. I would also just replace the two cats with whatever fits the size dimension's of the ones you replace and there is really no need for you to get highflow's because they are not a restriction at this point. Good luck!!!

So the pre cats don't restrict much, its just the thrid one? I can get an american made cat (forget the brand) for 70 each and i will jsut go with that probably. And will definitly look into the flowmaster. thanks for the help!

i have single in and dual out 2 1/2 inch tips on my 01 sport and its the 40 series flowmasters

i have single in and dual out 2 1/2 inch tips on my 01 sport and its the 40 series flowmasters
sounds like a nice setup, how loud is it on the highway? If this was a V8 I wouldnt mind hearing it while cruising but since its just the 4.0 I dont have much interest in having it drone in my ear going 65. is it louder than the tires when cruising?

Back