High Mileage SOHC's Explorers | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

my ohv has 270xxx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

high mileage.

98' sohc, 280,000 miles, needs a new fuel pump and has gone through one auto tranny, but has been driven across country numerous times and has been well maintained. My buddy has one in oregon, he swears is all orig. and has gone nearly 500,000, but I would have to see it to believe it.

240,000 and I have done nothing I got it a 140,000 and drove the hell out of it and I am going to give it a tune up soon

Mine has 360,000. I've replaced the transfer case, transmission, front driveshaft, alternator, idler pulley, belt tensioner,swaybar end links, brakes, plugs, filters. 365,000 miles today. Replaced the upper and lower intake gaskets and thermostat.

I've got 287,900 KMS on my 1999 Limited. No major work done or needed. Regularly maintained, still my daily driver. Love my explorer!!

my mileage

Just inherited a 1998 explorer sport xlt with all options has 211862 on it just did a ton of work too it.

spark plugs
wires
fuel filter
oil change
trans filter
trans fluid
trans gasket
transfer case fluid
oil pan gasket
serpentine belt
4 oxygen sensors
2 sway bar links
oil filter
lucas oil stabilizer
lucas atf fluid conditioner

Hoping to get at least another 3-5 years out of her

1997 Limited w/ 134k miles.....runs phenomenally, the ARC is a thorn in my side though.....

DSCF5946.jpg

Just turned 260,000 miles last week....no major repairs. Oil, spark plugs, battery,...the regular maintenance stuff. My daily driver. ownership began at 116,000 miles. 99 SOHC XLT.
Its bad ass.

DSCF5946.jpg

Just turned 260,000 miles last week....no major repairs. Oil, spark plugs, battery,...the regular maintenance stuff. My daily driver. ownership began at 116,000 miles. 99 SOHC XLT.
Its bad ass.

lol love the lipstick red. you're just a few miles behind my ohv. 272k+!!!! the 01 sport closing in on 200k.

01 sport sohc brought with 102 has 107ish was not takin care of lucas took care of it though, runs great now

High mileage

2001 exp sport 178000 on her still pullls like a mule, make that a team of mules. She`s been in ny state all her life, fidgid winters,warm to hot summers pulls my 20 foot boat like its not it not even there. 5r55 is amazing considering the towing it has done but, it has alwys had good maintainence on her. WAY TO GO FORD!!!! :usa::usa::usa:

98 XLT with 111k.

98 sport daily driver all original 333k kms

Just scrapped my 94 XLT it had 253,000 4.0. Just bought a 01 that has 192,000 sohc 4.0

99 Mountaineer, 210,400 miles. Bought her new in 2000.
DSCF1075.jpg

183,x.. on my 1998 EX, Trans Shifts great, Slight Hesitation sometimes, other than that, the LIL 4.0 surprises people, lol.

283,x.. was running good until i started getting bold and replacing parts myself... now i'm not sure what to think. :(

220,000 on my 2001 4.0 and running like a champ.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn jbl0072k2, your x is looking amazing! I wish my explorer was doing that good. It's only got 254K on it, it's rusted out, and needs a new engine. Just recently it has developed what sounds to be the dreaded timing chain rattle and a lot of the symptoms associated with it. Not looking foreward to doing an engine swap.

Back