High or Low? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High or Low?

High or Low?

• 31's and a little lift!

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • 17's and down low!

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Leave the wife's car alone....You'll only hurt yourself!

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
The victim: My wifes '99 Explorer Sport 4x2.
12287arus_truck.jpg

She wants to go high with it, and put my 31's on it when can afford some 33's for mine.

I would like to ditch the roof rack and nerf bars and put Bullits or Cobra R's on it.

I already have an offroader....Not that I would complain having 2 :D

What do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bag it and have the best of both worlds.

Its already got a dented door right? LIFT IT.

410Fortune said:
Its already got a dented door right? LIFT IT.

Nope no dents...I just noticed what your talking about! :rolleyes: Thats a reflection from the pole weird....Her paint is almost perfect and very glossey! ;) Besides we call it the "go faster truck" cause it's got the SOHC :p

33's, 3" spindle + 1" TT, and some 4" leaves :cool: 'Course then it would have more ground clearance than your Rig. :D

Seriously though, put the 31's on hers, along with a nice TT/Shackle. Gives you (and her) more of an excuse to get your 33's. ;)

The Offroader ~ '99 XL 4X4
The Streeter ~ '99 Sport 4x2
Looks like you made up your mind in your signature.

If you ask me... well, you know... its a no-brainer. :chug:

Drop the puppy on 20s

Since it's a 2wd you can lift it more than 2" btw...up to 7" i beleive (but dont' do that...it'll ride terrible!). Just letting you know your not as limited as the 4x4 since you don't have to worry about the cv's up front. LIFT THAT PUPPY! :)

Good Luck
CP :D

Put the money into your own rig stic-o!!!!!!!

I'd say lower just because it's 2wd...buuut...it's gonna more cost efficient and it gives you an excuse to get 33s if you raise it

I didnt see an option for mine!! The suspension sits lower than stock but it sits on 35" tires!! 2wd too!!

Lower it. 4x2 would be useless in offroad conditions... I mean, especially when it's your wife's truck ;) think about a women trying to get outta a mud pit without 4WD, not happenin.

Back