• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

High Output Alternator Recommendations

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
I got that gist. BTW, does anyone change the glass at those levels for safety?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

taylorpro

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XLT
I got that gist. BTW, does anyone change the glass at those levels for safety?
Not typically. Some people, whether it be because of the level of sound their at or the design of the vehicle, will launch windshields though. Most choose to keep glass because for most competition orginizations you're bumped up in class for using lexan or somthing like that

88LSC

Reaction score
City, State
Halethorpe MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport,00 V8 AWD Mounty
I have a 3G swapped onto my Mark VII, in place of the old 1G 100amp unit. I expect to later convert to an Explorer front dress, and use the easy to get 4G to use.
not sure what your looking for in regards to your Mark VII, but check out PA Performance, they have a 130 amp and 200 amp kit for your car that has a lifetime warranty. I had one on my MArk VII and when it went bad all i had to do was pay for shipping and they repaired it and returned it to me. I have one on my mustang now that has been working for 4 yrs with no problems, and it came off a friends car that got totaled and have no idea how long he had it on his LX

JoseM

Reaction score
City, State
Panama
Year, Model & Trim Level
Nissan Patrol
This is a great thread, so I thought I would revive it...

Does anyone know anything about these guys?
http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?item=563

I wrote to Mechman, DC Power, Excesive, and Mr Alternator, but they've been the only ones that have answered. So far very good customer service...

Don S.

Reaction score
City, State
Western washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994, Explorer XLT
Just a little bit of info. I have an Iraqi alt in my 1991 Corrado, I believe the 220A IIRC. It has helpedge not chew throw a main battery as quickly. Ate a megatron in 3 years and a red top in 5 years with the stock bosch 90a.
Threw in a yellow top, till the bosch 90a spun the pully. 2 years later. Same cost for the 220A as a oem bosch 90a. No brained their. Ran the Iraggi alt for 5 more years, tull car went down into project status.
The only issue is I have auto start in the car and with the Iraggi alt. there seems to not be enough excite current goING to the field to kick on the alt. I have to bump idle revs to about 1000 to 1200 rpm to get the alt to output current.
I.E. Idie current is low.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

jt4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck, ND, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer XLT
Update on Iraggi:

The ebay store that was linked is no longer available. Iraggi can be found and [link]https://www.iraggialternator.com[/link]. They include a limited lifetime warranty. Looks like they have a limited stock, but they can possibly make products as needed. I emailed them today to find out the price tag for an alternator for my 2010 Explorer. I will update when I receive a response.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S high output alternator Explorer Audio & Navigation 1
James909 When is a high output alternator needed? Explorer Audio & Navigation 35
C do i need a high output alternator? Explorer Audio & Navigation 3
N High Output Alternator for my Explorer! Explorer Audio & Navigation 6
B Wanted high output alternators Explorer Audio & Navigation 1
U Wire an amp into rear radio controls via high to low level converter Explorer Audio & Navigation 1
J Installation done... High pitched tweet sound?? Explorer Audio & Navigation 3
T Speakers cut out when the volume is turned up too high. Explorer Audio & Navigation 4
J High pitched squeal Explorer Audio & Navigation 0
R Quick Serious Help High End Audio: back to Factory.. until HU is repaired Explorer Audio & Navigation 16
B Please show me some high end, creative sub solutions Explorer Audio & Navigation 11
MINERALGSVT Monitors in high back seats? Explorer Audio & Navigation 0
C High pitched sound coming from car speaker while off. Why? Explorer Audio & Navigation 0
RickMar HD (High Definition) Radio Explorer Audio & Navigation 10
RickMar No amp needed for mid's and high's?? Explorer Audio & Navigation 5
J 94 Explorer JBL High-Level Audio System Explorer Audio & Navigation 1
A High Bass Explorer Audio & Navigation 14
G high power alternator Explorer Audio & Navigation 5
M High performance battery? - Getting one after work! Explorer Audio & Navigation 4
M High powered system - Best cables? Explorer Audio & Navigation 12
B radio cuts out at semi high volume 2000 Explorer Audio & Navigation 6
S HU still turns off at high volumes (second bat. added) Explorer Audio & Navigation 16
K high pitched sound Explorer Audio & Navigation 2
O High tech gadget project Ive been thinking...PIMP MY RIDE Explorer Audio & Navigation 6
E Too high of impedance? Explorer Audio & Navigation 2
D Pioneer crackling at high volume must stop! Explorer Audio & Navigation 3
B Ordering Monday High Amp Alternators Explorer Audio & Navigation 0
A High Wattage Speaker Replacements? Explorer Audio & Navigation 19
B High Pitch noise in rear speakers Explorer Audio & Navigation 7
J high or low level inputs??? Explorer Audio & Navigation 3
M High temp Mastic Explorer Audio & Navigation 32
B High inputs or RCA inputs Explorer Audio & Navigation 3
P Intermittent high-pitched whine? Explorer Audio & Navigation 2
D no speaker output Explorer Audio & Navigation 0
08EddieCA Split DVD Audio Output to the Rear Speakers W Sync - 2008 stock Eddie B Explorer Audio & Navigation 0
T Add subwoofer output control Explorer Audio & Navigation 1
R Audio signal output of f37f-19b165-ad premium head unit? Explorer Audio & Navigation 2
C XL2F-18C868-AD Power Output? Explorer Audio & Navigation 0
T Sub output Explorer Audio & Navigation 1
S continuous power output vs cea2006 rms Explorer Audio & Navigation 0
tgreene92 head unit and sub output Explorer Audio & Navigation 0
9 Line Output Converter Question: MACH System Explorer Audio & Navigation 6
W amp RCA input output Explorer Audio & Navigation 2
I Line Output converter Explorer Audio & Navigation 5
Z installing subs to the factory radio (line output converter help?) Explorer Audio & Navigation 22
M Line output converter Explorer Audio & Navigation 5
B alternator/battery output? Explorer Audio & Navigation 39
R factory head unit to aftermarket amp&sub,using a line output converter Explorer Audio & Navigation 2
B Yet another line output question Explorer Audio & Navigation 3
B anyone know how to put in a line output converter Explorer Audio & Navigation 5