Hit a Tree | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hit a Tree

Well it all started out as a good day, my friend and I were headed up to topeka to go to the street legal drag races, he was in the lead with his explorer and I was behind. He flew around the corner onto the interstate on ramp, tires screaming, and I followed suit, except I was probably going a little fast, around 50mph I think. It lost control, and I almost had it back on the road when I hit another patch of sand and it went hard to the right, down into the ditch, and I ended sliding into a tree, which I hit with my passenger side, It shattered my front passenger side window, and beat the hell out of the door. As well as the entire passenger side being scratched up, as well as the roof. Though all in all, I think I came out pretty lucky for hitting a tree at 40mph. And if the tree hadn't caught me I would probably be joining the roll over posse right now.
Now i'm sure you all want to see the pics, and well so do I, i'll post them as soon as I my friend sends them to me. Hopefully within the next couple of hours.

Edit: Here are the pics.

exploder3.jpg

exploder2.jpg

46764521.jpg

exploder4.jpg

In the end though, not that bad, you lucked out with the damage for hitting a tree at 40 MPH. I hit a guard rail during the winter and it crunched the whole front end, I am like just finishing up the body work for it now. I only need two more parts. Anywayz dude glad to hear your alright. TREES SUCK.

at least no one was hurt which was the main thing, and dont worry about the dent it will buff right out. hopefully

Back