hit and run!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hit and run!!!

vw74

Reaction score
City, State
san diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
hi, I parked my car last night infront of my house, in the morning when I woke-up I saw my car got long marks on the driver's side but I think I can easily remove it with rubbing compiund but the dent on the tail light area is the problem. where can I can access so I can push the body to make it straight? the paint was'nt damage though.thanks

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/906476.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi, I parked my car last night infront of my house, in the morning when I woke-up I saw my car got long marks on the driver's side but I think I can easily remove it with rubbing compiund but the dent on the tail light area is the problem. where can I can access so I can push the body to make it straight? the paint was'nt damage though.thanks

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/906476.jpg
Welcome to the Forum vw74. :wavey:
Too bad you had to introduce yourself this way. To me it looks like a crease so I don't know if it as simple as just pushing it back out. A body shop should have the proper tools to do this type of work.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum vw74. :wavey:
Too bad you had to introduce yourself this way. To me it looks like a crease so I don't know if it as simple as just pushing it back out. A body shop should have the proper tools to do this type of work.

Peter

thanks. How much do you think it will cost me for this to get fixed?

I'm about to pay $160 to have a small ding repaired with paintless repair.

If the paint is truly not damaged, a little PDR (paintless dent removal) should fix it up. Of course the body shop would have to give you an estimate, but I have seen a couple of hundred bucks for accessible dents. All a matter of how much time it takes.

that kink to the back is a metal stretch,its not cominh out without professional bodywork, how perfect do you want it, collect insurance and fix it or not, just my 2 buck

Ouch, I hope your Insurance will take care of it...

Sorry to hear that.

The person who hit you and caused that damage and didn't stop should be ashamed.

My wife totalled our CR-V when she ran over a transmission that had fallen off a truck. Of course the truck didn't stop and we had to foot the deductible.

welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum,sorry about the h/r.

Back