how did you align your lowered ex? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how did you align your lowered ex?

mr.p

Reaction score
City, State
Berkeley, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer
Hey everyone got some quick questions.

my 02 sport has multileaf and the EE guy told me i could use the 2" rear drop kit for the sport trac. Has anyone used this?

Also i am trying to get a 2.5" drop in the front by loosening the torsion bolts, and a 2" rear.

Do i need the camber plates if im going to take it to an alignment shop? Also, can any place i.e. firestone or whatever, be able to align my lowered explorer? Or are the camber plates needed (most places wont install customer parts) just some thoughts on how you guys aligned your ex's...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone got some quick questions.

my 02 sport has multileaf and the EE guy told me i could use the 2" rear drop kit for the sport trac. Has anyone used this?

Also i am trying to get a 2.5" drop in the front by loosening the torsion bolts, and a 2" rear.

Do i need the camber plates if im going to take it to an alignment shop? Also, can any place i.e. firestone or whatever, be able to align my lowered explorer? Or are the camber plates needed (most places wont install customer parts) just some thoughts on how you guys aligned your ex's...

Have you read through the sticky's on the top of this forum's index page?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

umm

yea i did but im wanting to know how ppl aligned their ex's if they took it to a shop if the shop just did it without any problems, i didnt read the whole sticky is there more near the end?

Well,
I bought the EE lowering kit-it came with camber adjusters, alignment spec's and instructions.

Any good alignment shop can align to those spec's-

oh

hmm i didnt really take note to that, but their kit for the front is 1 3/8 lowering, im looking for 2.5" or so. i wonder on the information they provide mby ill call them today and ask around a bit. any more info would be great

are the specs that came with the ee kit still useable if its lowered 2.5" in the front

Back