How do i find what package my 92 explorer is? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do i find what package my 92 explorer is?

tom_mcmullen006

Reaction score
City, State
Yelm Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT 4x4
I have a 1992 ford explorer. never owned one before. It is a 4 door. auto tranny manual hubs, manual transfer case. Power windows, mirrors, door locks. manual seats. I was wondering what my explorer is (( basic, xl, xlt, etc)) please let me know. thanks.:feedback:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an XL...and it is (was) BASIC....

If you have Power Windows, Doors, Automatic Transmission, Rear Wiper w/ Defrost, and Bucket Seats it has to be an XLT.

That combination of options weren't available on the XL.

Ryan

Ok it is an XLT. it has miss matched wheels it has nice wheels in the back that i found out were a factory wheel. but on the front they have a directional wheel that were also a factory wheel. It looks stupid with two different style wheels on there. I would like to find someone with the match to the rears or trade the rears for ones that match the front. Which wheels were factory on the XLT?:salute:

There were 2 wheel options for the XLT. The standard wheels were the 'throwing star' wheels. The upgraded ones were the 'deer hoof/print' ones. There were also some Steel Wheels that were standard on the XL's. And some 6 hole or 8 hole wheels that LOOKED like they were 2 or 3 piece rims...but they weren't.

Ryan

Back