How do I reset my trip odometer on my 2020 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do I reset my trip odometer on my 2020 Ford Explorer

kfederig

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer
My Mom can't figure out how to reset her trip odometer on her 2020 Ford Explorer Limited.
I don't have access to the vehicle because of distance. Anyone know how to do this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HOLD down the ok button

My Mom can't figure out how to reset her trip odometer on her 2020 Ford Explorer Limited.
I don't have access to the vehicle because of distance. Anyone know how to do this?

By no means do I mean for this to sound rude if it does... but there is an owner's manual. Why doesn't she take it out and read it? Seems silly to have to reach out to their son/daughter to post online about it when the book states exactly what to do.

By no means do I mean for this to sound rude if it does... but there is an owner's manual. Why doesn't she take it out and read it? Seems silly to have to reach out to their son/daughter to post online about it when the book states exactly what to do.
HOLD down the ok button
Well my Mom had a 2017 Explorer so I was assuming there was something different about the 2020. My Mom is a little overwhelmed with all the changes on the 2020 and BTW shes 79 yrs old.

Well my Mom had a 2017 Explorer so I was assuming there was something different about the 2020. My Mom is a little overwhelmed with all the changes on the 2020 and BTW shes 79 yrs old.

Well I can certainly understand 79... my mother in law just totaled her Corolla that was almost 10 years old.. it had power windows lol.. trying to show her technology now is very painful.. good old flip phone...

Page 113 of the Owner's Manual. Doesn't seem to be any different than the 5th gen. I'm guessing that like the 2017 Explorer, it also tells you that (Hold OK) on the display.
It may be a good idea for you to download a copy of the Owner's Manual for future reference.;) http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-2_om_EN-US_06_2019.pdf

Peter
Thanks peterk9 my Mom is relieved she finally was able to reset her trip odometer's. I think she re-read the manual. Saved her a trip to the Dealer. She said she had read the manual but at first was still confused. She said she couldn't even find the trip odometers. She used to be very sharp. Age catches up with us all. She said now she can have a peaceful evening. So thanks again!!!

Back