How do I turn on my fog lights.

JasonBourne

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer
:D

Okay, I know this is probably a stupid question but I cant seem to figure this out. On my 02 EB I have the headlight switch turned on and I figure the fogs turn on with it. And they dont...

Is there a seperate button? :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Turn the headlights on and pull the knob out.

With the headlight switch either in parking lights or headlights position, pull it out. That took me a while to find that.

lol. So simple. Thanks guys. I feel like such a ditz.

Dont feel bad Jason I was the same way with the 03

:) I thought it was broken intially. I thought "great, day 1 and already something I need to get fixed."

Boy I cant wait for my HID kit to arrive in the mail. After having my last car with HID's installed, I can hardly stand to look at the ugly, dull yellow colored lights.

I just traded my '96 in for a 2003, and had the same question. I could not find it anywhere in my book.

Thanks!

I just traded my '96 in for a 2003, and had the same question. I could not find it anywhere in my book.

Thanks!
My 2003 ranger has the fog light switch on the dashboard next to the radio

:) I thought it was broken intially. I thought "great, day 1 and already something I need to get fixed."

Boy I cant wait for my HID kit to arrive in the mail. After having my last car with HID's installed, I can hardly stand to look at the ugly, dull yellow colored lights.

Those illegal HID kits are bad news. Read Here: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Install 9011/9012 HIR bulbs and be sure your lenses are crystal clear (I use Mother's NuLens).

Here are the instructions: How to Modify HIR bulb bases

You use 9011 in place of 9005 and 9012 in place of 9006.

9006 to 9012 Lumen Increase 870 each = 1740 combined
9005 to 9011 Lumen Increase 650 each = 1300 combined
Total lumen increase = 3040

9012 and 9011 are $25 each at local auto parts stores (OR/AZ/AAP) so it's best to get them online at RockAuto.

Here is the 9011 high beam for $8.15 each More Information for WAGNER 9011

and here is the 9012 low beam for $9.20 each More Information for WAGNER 9012LL

I've personally tried 55W HID and LED before and these HIR's have the best focused light output. HID in the high beams can be nice on country roads since they provide more flood since they're out of focus but when I moved to the city I put the HIR's in my high beams since I needed high beams I could turn on without a warm up delay. If I ever need to go back to country road driving I'll probably just add a LED light bar.

BTW, since you found your fog light switch now, I highly recommend installing selective yellow bulbs in them, (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002E2SJAA/?tag=serious-20) great for snow as they don't create a blinding glare for you and other drivers bouncing off all that white ground. More about selective yellow lighting: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Check out Automotive, Motorcycles Included. for further lighting information, they're staffed with actual engineers over there.

Back