how do you change a window motor in the rear door? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how do you change a window motor in the rear door?

jacobmc

Reaction score
City, State
wetumpka,alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ranger
i attempted it but failed.i just dont see how this can be done without putting a whole new door on.does anybody know?:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First you have to take off the door panel and tear off the plastic seal (if you are careful you might be able to reattach it). Next, take off the speaker and it's housing. Then you need to drill holes in the dimples near where the motor is so you can access the bolts with a ratchet to unscrew them.

First you have to take off the door panel and tear off the plastic seal (if you are careful you might be able to reattach it). Next, take off the speaker and it's housing. Then you need to drill holes in the dimples near where the motor is so you can access the bolts with a ratchet to unscrew them.

thats where i made to and got stuck on how to undo the cables. i just cant get anything up in their to undo it.and today both of my front windows messed up.i think their is a plastic gear that is stripped out on them because the motor works.

Did you get it worked out? Once you do one it is not too bad. There is a great thread on here that gives great information.

I got a 94 and mine must be different.. I didn't have too unhook any cables. I unbolted the motor ans used a screwdriver to separate the motor.. I have a nice collections of these motors. I got 8 spares at the moment.

Back