• Register Today It's free!

how does this sound

cross1189

Reaction score
City, State
home= Burlington, NC + school= Appalachian State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 FX2 Sport
so me and a friend have been looking for a nice lil off-road project. we both live on farms and have enough mud to play in but not enough toys to ride. I found a Ranger and we are gonna go look at it this weekend if the guy doesn't sell it out from under me.

what i have to start with is (or i've been told) 1990 regular cab, short bed ranger, 2.9 v6, 100 875 miles, 1351 borg warner transfer cases, dana 44 front and rear axels, 4x4 low is a granny gear, 5 speed tranny, 31.10 ' 50 tires, rebuilt stock electric hubs, only downside- blown head gasket but no internal damage and no cracks just dry rotted gasket

i would like to know your experiences with these trucks? and i've seen some mods i would like to do (tube doors, custom bed) could i get more info(i know search=good) but we have limited funds as i am in school and he doesn't work much. the good thing is we have a few tools at our disposal thanks to our dad's farms.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for all the help

I would pull and inspect those heads if you can. That's the most common problem on the 2.9.
Also, unless someone swapped in a pair of D44 axles, it'll have the D28 front and 7.5 rear.
Still could be a fun truck for a good price.

how do i check to see what kind of axles they are? i plan on going to look at and probably buy the truck saturday if it is worthy

Back