How fast...? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How fast...?

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
I was just wondering today, how fast have you guys gone in a stock or near stock sport trac? I was curious as to know at what speed it shuts off:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i can tell you my stock track stops at like 94mph with 4.10s and 255's

EDIT

And I only know that from all the idiot kids at my old school who try to "race" me on the country roads in their 4 banger ultimas

I've topped mine out at 120mph, not sure how much higher I went since the speedo only reads 120mph.

I've done that when it was stock and how it sits now just three days ago...

picture.php

picture.php

I was under the impression that the we all had a speed limit at around 100-105 mph, guess not. I've had my sport north of 100 a few times but I usually get off it at 100 as it is scary as hell haha

Mine has a governor set at 105. Not sure of anything over 80 since the 35s.

100 exactly. And it did not feel very stable at all...

My shocks were fairly new and it felt solid all the way. Once I hit 105 it felt like when you go too fast for a golf cart and the engine can't really keep up. Really weird feeling in a truck.

i"ve had mine up to about 98-100mph.. I was just wondering about the ret of you guys. and TGtrac, yours didn't feel stable to you? Mine feels as if I'm driving 55mph!! I was shocked!!

I'd LOVE to get up to 120, hell, even 105, but the straight away in my neighborhood makes me run out of room right around 100, I still need a good amount of space for braking :p

The original owner (I'm the second owner) was a Ford Dealer Lead Mechanic so he probably disabled the governor since I can top it out. He was huge into drag racing at "Old Keystone Raceway", now called Pittsburgh Raceway Park.

I was wonderin how you got it up that high.

i"ve had mine up to about 98-100mph.. I was just wondering about the ret of you guys. and TGtrac, yours didn't feel stable to you? Mine feels as if I'm driving 55mph!! I was shocked!!

Well there was a hell of a crosswind so that could cause some troubles, plus maybe being lifted on somewhat narrow tires. Wish I could blame it on shocks lol but I only have like 38K on it so that's probably not an issue.

Well there was a hell of a crosswind so that could cause some troubles, plus maybe being lifted on somewhat narrow tires. Wish I could blame it on shocks lol but I only have like 38K on it so that's probably not an issue.

Yea, the lift probably didn't help much.. along with the wind. I don't have anything done to my trac. My grandfather owned it before I, and all he did was just your normal filter and oil changes. That's all I do also. Sadly, the whole underneath is rusting out from under me :( Well, I guess 10 years of driving thousands of highway miles in snowy & salty conditions will do that for ya..

ive had it up to 155km/hr,dont know what that is in mph but its scary

ive had it up to 155km/hr,dont know what that is in mph but its scary

160km/h is 100mph

It's ok in a straight, but pray you don't need to make an evasive maneuver, or stop quickly.

what are you like 12 years old? who cares how fast, fast enough. if you want to go fast do it something other than a truck and do it somewhere safe like a drag strip.

Did you miss the part where he said he was wondering and just curious. And how do you know none of us went to a strip to find out. Instead of being so critical just leave the conversation alone.

Did you miss the part where he said he was wondering and just curious. And how do you know none of us went to a strip to find out. Instead of being so critical just leave the conversation alone.

As a 12 year old would say "ohhh burnnnnnn"

Oh people...you provide entertainment to my day, which would otherwise be very boring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

115mph in a 97 explorer, 4.0 ohv.

Back