How hard is it to find a used PIU Ecoboost? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How hard is it to find a used PIU Ecoboost?

Jacky Jones Ford in Cleveland, GA, has a black 2017 PIU Ecoboost used demo with 18 mi on it for sale right now.

I doubt they'd be able to sell it to anyone who isn't authorized (law, fire, etc.) unless they're stretching the definition of "demo" a bit. It's odd how some dealers advertise things they can't/won't sell to most folks who might be interested. There's a seller on eBay who usually has a dozen listed, but they all mention they can't sell except to qualified law enforcement buyers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The vehicle is officially "used" and available for public sale. I bought my 2017 PIU from them as a used demo; it had already been titled to Ford with only 33 mi on it.

The vehicle is officially "used" and available for public sale. I bought my 2017 PIU from them as a used demo; it had already been titled to Ford with only 33 mi on it.
Welcome to the Forum Chris.:wave:
That makes sense to me.

Peter

I don't know of any dealer that demos a fleet vehicle and then sells it with ~30 miles on it. I doubt Ford would allow that as it's too easy of a way to get around the sales restrictions on LE vehicles. What you probably got was a factory damaged/canceled order that was auctioned through Manheim at one of the weekly ford factory auctions for ford dealers only. I don't want to give away to many secrets, but if you know someone at a dealer it shouldn't be too hard for them to buy one direct from auction for a few hundred over cost.

That's good info to know on the availability at auction. Mine came from the Brasher's auction. As far as it being a demo unit, that is just what the sales rep told me. Of course, I know that he may not have been fully informed about the vehicle's status.

I just wanted to make sure I got one that had not been in police service. Jacky Jones Ford seems to have a good line at getting low mile units that have been titled over and available for public sale.

Love that dealer name.:D

That's good info to know on the availability at auction. Mine came from the Brasher's auction. As far as it being a demo unit, that is just what the sales rep told me. Of course, I know that he may not have been fully informed about the vehicle's status.

I just wanted to make sure I got one that had not been in police service. Jacky Jones Ford seems to have a good line at getting low mile units that have been titled over and available for public sale.
I can't recall if it was Jacky Jones or someone else, but there have been quite a few hail damaged units that ford has been selling at auction over the years also that dealers picked up on the cheap and had pdr done. Anyone buying low mile units that haven't been in service should do their due diligence. Some auction units I've seen had substantial damage that was repaired, but prevents them from bring sold as new to fleet. It's always disclosed at auction, but doesn't always get disclosed by the dealer, so always confirm warranty status through oasis. Just an FYI to those looking.

Back