How many people have had the airbag warning light activate | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many people have had the airbag warning light activate

Have you had the airbag warning light activate?

• No - my airbag light has never activated

Votes: 26 21.0%
  • Yes - I took it to the dealer and it has been fixed for more than 6 months

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Yes - I took it to the dealer and it has been fixed for less than 6 months

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Yes - I took it to the dealer and the problem was not fixed. It has come back on again.

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Yes - I have not taken it to be fixed.

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Yes - I fixed it myself.

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
Received a letter from Ford today regarding this issue:

>>>>Customer Satisfaction Program 21B11:

>>>>On your vehicle, it may be possible the second-row seat belt may have a worn or damaged electrical connection. The second-row seat belts still function normally and this has no effect on seat belt inflation.

>>>>This may result in an illumination of the airbag light.

They are offering to inspect and replace the connectors free of charge if needed. They are also offering reimbursement if you paid to have this corrected before the program letter. You simply need to provide the receipts to the dealer along with the letter.

Since I bought the connectors from Tascaparts ($97.58 for both) and replaced them myself following TSB 16-0001 I will be interested to see if I can get a reimbursement for the parts, but I am not holding my breath.
Received the same letter yesterday, thanks for the update. I repaired this myself, thread here, Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning 1 year and 8 months later no more air bag faults. This is the longest then any previous repairs lasted. I am quite satisfied with my repair and do not want another connector reinstalled in this location.

Still have not returned the Explorer back for the second round of rear toe link repairs. Very concerned that the dealer may see this satisfaction letter and reinstall that crap connector without my permission! If the service writer is told by me NOT to do that repair, will they listen to me? Have no faith in those ford connectors at all, they truly need to be gold plated pins for this application as there is so little current and voltage going through them and the circuit cannot tolerate and voltage drop at all.

They are offering to inspect and replace the connectors free of charge if needed. They are also offering reimbursement if you paid to have this corrected before the program letter. You simply need to provide the receipts to the dealer along with the letter.

Since I bought the connectors from Tascaparts ($97.58 for both) and replaced them myself following TSB 16-0001 I will be interested to see if I can get a reimbursement for the parts, but I am not holding my breath.
Update....

spoke with a service advisor at my dealer who passed me off to the warranty supervisor. He had me submit my receipt from Tasca parts to him and 2 weeks later the dealer has sent me a check! They still want to inspect it to clear the note in their computer which I will have them do when the replace the rear toe links. I will of course instruct them not to replace the connectors I soldered in.

Back