How many people own or have owned an Aerostar? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

The van looks to be in really nice shape.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My grandma used to have a 93 aerostar.when I was 10,I used to camp out in the back seat when we went out of town.unfortunately in march of 2001,it caught on fire.cried for days.man I miss that van :(

1996 aerostare

we bought it new 96 still have it a real work horse.
over 300 k. it doesn't burn a drop of oil.
Gab440

91 XLT AWD 4.0L Has gotten us through some bad winters.

Aerostar

Bought a new 91 Aerostar xlt, had a quarter of million miles the last I knew. Had to rebuild trans at 140,000. That was the only repair other than regular service. I bought a 94 at a auto auction and have been driving it for six years with no problems. The bottom has just about rusted out, so it's on its way out.

Just bought a '97 3.0 shortie with 134k on it, for $500; trans has no 1st gear, gotta start it in '2', then shift it to 'D' after 30 mph. Took the tranny out and see that the OD sprag cage melted, and it spins both ways. New one for about $55. Out, then in and fixed. Yeehah! Installed power windows, locks, and mirrors for $100; stuff from ebay. I love my Aerostar!

I just inherited a green XLT from my grandparents. Its got some issues but the price was right! They bought a new Fusion, nice car by the way. My dad was so impressed with the quality of his van that he persuaded his dad to buy one new back in 95.

My dad bought one new in 91 when i was a kid. I learned to drive in that one. It was gold with tan interior. My sister totaled it back in 05 when she got hit in the side by a Lincoln towncar.

Mine needs a rear end and the airbag light is on, but the body is straight and clean with no rust anywhere. It just needs a good wash and waxing.

Hello all

Just bought a 93 Aerostar for 500 bucks.....it has XL on the back but XLT on the paperwork. Claims to have 160,000 miles but speedo does not work...
Runs good. sounds good...dark blue...fair body some rear bumper stuff and some fading...little rust on top in the groves...

I dont know what the hell I bought but I have been wanting a van for running round my part of town and the tranny on my 1990 LIN Cont is slipping bad and I am tired of fixing it for awhile..

I do not know engine size or if it is 2wd or awd...looked under it and i think rw dive only (good) and it has auto trans. middle bench seat, tinted window and the A/C has been converted to new stuff..(good)...

I have owned old cars for years and a bunch of Fords...This could be a Blue nightmare from hell or I might fall in love........

Guess I will go to the Ford store with my VIN number and find out what I bought..

Best wishes,

DFW....:salute:

Welcome to this forum! Check # 13 in my list of useful threads for a link to enter your VIN #. Dead Link Removed

Thanks I tried a lot of those yesterday without much luck...but
my ins agent said XL...extended body with 2 wheel drive...

Auto-zone said 4.0 L engine....I did not make it to the ford store but I started stopped and drove it enough today to feel a little better about it...

LOL the adventure begins....:)

Do these have a lot of play in the steering or do I need to check front end next?

Thanks for you help...:salute:

I have 1995 Ford Aerostar XLT

Greetings to all! I own already the second car
Now at me 95 year a full drive. The excellent car!:)

Here a photo the Moscow club Aerostarov:

i-191.jpg

i-185.jpg

Welcome to this forum! How many Aerostars do you see in Moscow? How much do they cost there? Are parts hard to get?
Thanks! In Moscow approximately cars 30. Cost on the average 100 000 roubles (or 1000 - 5000$) Is Moscow)))))). Spare parts almost all are, many donors and China...))))

Excuse for transfer, it is automatics))) FREE ONLINE the TRANSLATOR of TEXTS And SITES

i-215.jpg

i-277.jpg

OK, gonna have to add to the thread about Sabine (my 96, 3.0). Been doing mods here and there on her, latest thing was HID headlights. Within the next two months I'm moving up to 16x7 wheels and gonna get the amp and speaker box done on her. Also I plan on converting all the lighting over to LED's (save for the head lights, fog lights & driving lights). Funny thing is on the turn,tail/brake, and reverse lights it's calling for 1156 & 1157 bulbs but she has the wedge base bulbs.

She's has just over 244,000 miles on her and is a daily driver. If i keep my foot out of it she gets around 225-250 miles on a tank and around 430 on all highway.

"This Ain't Your Momma's Mini-van."

My aerostar:

I own an 88 Aerostar sport truck. 100.000 miles. I have been trying to restore the body and paint little at a time. Truck had a new trans put in at 86.000 and runs perfect. I only know about the trans because the original owner kept the records. I also had mineke install a flowmaster set of duals exhausts in it. Truck has never let me down yet. Had it for 4 yrs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be happy to. It was done by a shop that specializes in duals and it is a cat back system using a Flowmaster double chamber muffler. One in two out. It was not cheap around 400.00 as I remember it. Soon as I can get things up and running I will get a picture posted. Thanks for the help earlier. Spot on. Paul

Back