How many people Own their Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many people Own their Explorer?

Do you fully own your explorer

• Yes

Votes: 168 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 11.1%
  • Neither- split cost with parents or grandparents

Votes: 25 11.5%

• Total voters

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
I am just wondering how many people on the board actually own the rights to their explorer. Not your parnets or grandparents, YOU own it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I own one and owe about 1500 on the other,I wish somebody would buy me a 2000 limited:D

I just finally payed the last payment on mine a week ago so now the X is mine. Feels great knowing I can put that extra money towards the X.:D

Yep, its mine. paid it off last summer. Title is in my name, and I pay for everything but insurance.

I refinanced mine to buy a car for my wife, so I still owe about 3 grand. That was BEFORE I really started wheeling. It's probably not worth 3 grand in the shape its in now.

Now, all of you have to promise not to tell the finance company that I've beat ther crap out of their truck. :rolleyes:

About Half Mine half Parents.

My wife says she owns it, but I like to dream I do... lol

Not too hard to pay off a 3k truck :D It's mine...

Bought and paid for mine at the same time! Bought it as a welcome home present after the Gulf War. Surprising how much money one can save when there is nothing to spend it on!

ill be done with payments in a few months. i got mine while in college. 48 easy payments. of course the value of it has quadroupled since ive been driving it!!!!

4 32" BFG tires - $600
tranny and tcase - $2000
4 sets of shocks - $650
body lift aux lights kkm and various accessories $1000
pissing off parents and inlaws for driving $28,000 suv in mud, sand, rocks, scratching and denting all the way down the trail -
PRICELESS!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :bounce: :D :D

My dad owned mine before I did, but he bought other Explorers with the intention of having one for each family member.

I ended up buying the original one off of him though.

Fully own mine. Payed for it in cash with money I made working since I was 14, lol. Pay all insurance and mods as well.

It was a gift to my wife from her parents. She has always loved explorers.....I'm glad!!!! It's hers and she lets me drive it:rolleyes:

yup got the title and all :). Now if I could pay off the F-150 I'd be set. Only $11,000 to go though (been making double and triple payments to rush it a bit)

I like to be able to say I both own and paid cash my 96 Xlt. As well as all maintenance and repairs, insurance and gas. I wish someone would buy me a truck.

I own mine..... Well, it was my parents way of kicking me out of the house consolation prize

My parents chipped in $2000 and I payed the rest of the $6000 of my '92 XLT. So it is mostly mine. I pay for everything else though.

my wife owns it, but I pay for it.:) :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My X will be mine as a birthday present on June 6th. I can't wate. 1 more freaking month to go till i can drive by myself and own my own car!

Back