How much rake with Superlift Leaf Springs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much rake with Superlift Leaf Springs

OffTrac

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Dublin, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac 4x4
I've been looking for a couple weeks now and can't find what I'm really looking for. I'd like to know just how much rake I'd have with the 4" Superlift springs with a 1.5" torsion twist. I know the math says there will be a 2.5" difference front to rear but I just can't find a picture of that on a Sport Trac. Nobody seems to have pictures of Superlift springs without adding either the front drop brackets or a SAS.

I'm okay with some rake and actually like to have just enough to notice it but I don't want to look like I'm nosediving, I'd just SOA in that case. My leaf packs really aren't that bad but I'm not enjoying the add a leaf as much as I once was (still preferred over longer shackles) and I would rather spend $150 on all new leaf packs rather than $90 on a long add a leaf. Btw, if you considering an add a leaf, go long AAL first. Either way, the AAL has settled and I'm sitting about perfectly level and I don't like it and the wheels don't stuff as well.

My Rancho RS5000s have probably given me all they're good for at two years old and they're ready for replacement as well. They certainly don't feel as nice as when I first got them. Not bad, just wearing on me. I'm going back to Bilstein, I think. (Maybe coilover front???)

Basically, I'm just not really happy with my current setup and the SAS is not happening this year. I might get back to building the axles and the ST might get retired to toy status this year but the tons will remain in the garage at least for 2014. Baby on the way and starting building a house in April means this is starting to look like my Cougar project...an ongoing patience tester.:(

Anyway, rating ramblings aside and back to topic. Anybody have a picture of Superlift springs with minimal lift in front in their archive that is hidden in this forum's search and hidden from google?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how about instead of longer shackles,, to lift , make some shorter ones , to drop it a bit, they may still move about the same, it will be a testing thing, to figure out if it works,,

just tossing out an idea here,,

Hugh, you're having a baby, congrats man!!! Life totally changes but only for the better.

If you want to lift the back of your ST just enough to give it extra height and load rating then check out the thread I started on adding leafs to the stock leaf packs. I'll be doing this project this spring, never got a chance to do it last year. Luckily BKennedy used my idea, built his set and got a good bit of lift.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372601

[MENTION=76870]corkey[/MENTION] You mean with superlift springs? That's worth consideration.

Jerry,
Yup, life's changing for sure...for the better.
I've looked into that but I still wanted to look into new springs altogether.

yeah,, with the Superlift,, i kind of had a brain fart and it popped into my head,,
we use warriors to lift , why not a custom shackle to drop a bit ??

Makes sense. I also just had an idea regarding adding small lowering blocks. I'm not really familiar with that idea, though. Do people really off road with lift blocks? Seems like a weakness to me.

That's assuming the rear would be lifted too high. That's what I'm not sure about.

I guess I could just order them and if I don't like it or can't lower it sufficiently with shorter, I can sell or give them to another member.

actually now the wheels spin quicker, a combination of the two, may be the ticket,,
shackle and block, and have the same articulation,

Back