how to change a fuel pump on my 2007 sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to change a fuel pump on my 2007 sport Trac

rkok07

Reaction score
City, State
the north coast
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
My fuel pump is dead. Is this a ezy fix? if so any you tube on this

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would also check your fuel filter before trying to replace fuel pump.
Changing the fuel pump will require you to drop the fuel tank. Not a fun job and it is very expensive at the dealer to service. Good luck!

fuel pump replaced

What a terrible job. I did all the work of checking electric loads and the fuel cut off switch. Spent the weekend under my truck swapping out the pump. Its running great but still need a freeking left side exhaust manifold, Whats up with this engine ford came out with? Manifolds that warp, spark plugs that need special tools to remove, front end bearing that go bad after 75 k What a piece of crap truck. Next truck will be a Honda or Toyota To much spent on repairs in only a 120k miles

Im afraid I gotta agree with you, if you look at my join date on this board Ive been loyal X owner for years and a Ford guy all my life. My last ST had over 300,000 klicks on it and never left me stranded, but this one was a mistake, just one thing after another.

Sorry guys, Ive been loyal forever, but this one has ruined me.

yeah i should have done more research too before i bought mine.

Replaced exhaust manifold, a shoot cat convertor, leaking radiator. These were under warrantie.

Had to replaces both front bearings recently on my dime. Think shocks are due also. JOY. And i have owned truck for only a year now. That is besides all the preventative stuff i have done, brakes, endlinks, all fluids. Hopefully i am good for awhile now. But sad, i came from driving 2 hondas for the last 16 years since i was 17. and never spent much on repairs at all...

To each their own. I'm a loyal ford guy and my trac hasn't left me stranded yet lol. It's my 3rd Explorer and I still have my first which is a 2001 Sport. Everything I've repaired on my 2008 has been stuff I caused from being retarded but it's been loyal even while broken. I have to replace my fuel pump and that's my fault, it's coming from the way I tried to quickly change my injectors....lesson learned in patience. Anyhow I'm turning 160k on the clock now, my 2001 has over 200k, my Dads expeditions have all hit 300k without fault. Hard to find something better, and that's from an engineering stand point. Ford did make some mistakes with this motor I will say but they did make it serviceable for a backyard mechanic. The main issue with this vehicle is that it was a step into the possible future but into the wrong direction. They tried to do much at once Imo but I love this thing! I've owned other brands, had 2 Acura TLs that were maintenance nightmares, had a civic I hated, constant transmissions issues. Other brands build some good trucks but they lack that all around simplicity and build quality

112574d1299881175-possible-install-double-din-stereo-into-my-vn-resurrection.jpg

But really, this should tell you all you need to know about the 07 sport trac. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385793

Back