How to lower your O1+ Sport 01 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to lower your O1+ Sport 01

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Black Magic

I want to do your mod. Just tell me how the ride was after you finished. Does it feel safe? I know you needed an alignment too right? Was the ride improved? Let me know thanks I have a Black 01 Explorer Sport also.

ExSporton20s The ride is great! I really like the way it rides now. Very much sportier! very sticky to the road. I have Saleen Sway Bars as well to help the ride. I am wanting to get new shocks after I get the Rims on.

Black Magic

Thanks for the info. I might do it this weekend or the next I'm from the import scene so i'm new to trucks let me now what are the best cost effective struts to install on my Ex, and where to order from. Thanks.

hey Black Magic, understand that I have never worked on my suspension before on any of my cars but I really want to do this! How hard is it to do and how long do you think it would take me? I am not a complete idiot though, I have been working on cars for 9 years of my life, just never the suspension.

InS0mNiAc You should have no problem what so ever. This was my first Suspension mod ever as well. Nothing is harder than turning a bolt. All you do is lower the front with the T-Bars and the rear by unbolting the rear U-bolts and putting in blocks and then rebolting.

I have faith in you that you can do it!

Worth the effort and time!!!Dead Link Removed

DSC00160.jpg

How long did it take you and how much were the parts? And thanx for helping me out!

Lowering 01 X Sport

Black Magic, Have U Ever Heard Of Taking The Bolts All The Way Out And Anyone Having Any Problems,thanks
Smec71-jefferson City, Mo

A really old thread but I'm impressed with your searching...

i wanna lower mine like blackmagic but i havent had the time to do it

I haven't taken the bolts all the way out. I have heard of others doing that. But the problem is you can run into is leveling the truck from side to side.

Others have flipped the t-bars to achieve a lower stance. There are threads on that around too.

hey there matt i put yellow fogs like u did but i wish they had brighter bulbs for our sports

Lowering

Thanks A Lot For The Info. I Think I Will Just Back Them Out To Get The Lowering Stance U Have. About Mid Summer I Am Having A Kit From Airbagit.com Put On So I Can Get 4" Drop On My "2001" Sport, Tucking 20's In The Fenders.thanks Again!!! J.c, Mo

body kit

hey, being u made a roll pan for the back. how bout trying 2 make a body kit for our explorer's, that don't have 2 be modified to fit. u might look in to that. what do u say?

You can't get a 'kit' to bolt on, to tuck 20's.

Sorry kid, it's not going to happen.

I have a 5" drop and I'm barely tucking rubber on my 18's. And anything more than 2.75", and you should C-notch the rear.

And as for the Explorer Body Kit, there are already a couple out there, and nobody has even bought THEM....why waste the time, effort, and money on another one that nobody will buy?

Ryan

Black Magic

I'm new to the forum, just wanted to let you know your ride is the reason I joined. It is sporty and tight. Thanks for posting pics and your step by step mods.

scholar_g

Looks good. I've been wanting to lower my Sport about 1" but haven't gotten around to it yet. Since you're almost on the bump stop do you have a problem of bottoming out over bumps?

Back