How to order a 2018? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to order a 2018?

Better the A Plan + Costco?........Not a chance........I challenge you to show in writing any deal that's better than A Plan.
Since there’s zero chance I’d ever buy a new Explorer, that’s not going to happen. 3% plus a grand seems extremely weak for “employee “ pricing. When I was looking at a new Ranger, and paying cash, I had the dealer down about 5,000 of sticker, and it certainly wasn’t a 50,000 truck.

Since there’s zero chance I’d ever buy a new Explorer, that’s not going to happen. 3% plus a grand seems extremely weak for “employee “ pricing. When I was looking at a new Ranger, and paying cash, I had the dealer down about 5,000 of sticker, and it certainly wasn’t a 50,000 truck.

I think you are thinking it's 3% off retail. It's 3% off invoice - advertising (698) +275 program fee.

Also, I am looking at buying right after model release. I have no idea what rangers went for at the time you were buying. It could have been August...

Anyway, I'd say paying 53900 - rebates on a 58000 vehicle is a good deal.

I don't understand the Advertising Fee. I have never seen that line item on any vehicle sales contract I ever signed here on Canada. The only addition cost shown on my contract is a $36 PPSA (Personal Property Security Act) fee.

Peter

I don't understand the Advertising Fee. I have never seen that on any vehicle sales contract I ever signed here on Canada.

Peter
You never see it. It is built into the invoice price. They don't charge you separately for it. It was only apparent to me when I did the calculations for that A/Z plans. It worked out to USD698 on the invoice that was shown to me.

working backward, we have 54407.37 (invoice) - 1678 (HB) +275 (plan fee) - 52306.37 (AZ plan) = 698 (Advertising).
A/Z plan is Invoice - HB - Advertising + 275.
Invoice includes HB and advertising.

my invoice is 55403 with an estimated HB of 1703, giving me an A/Z plan price of 53271.

Still don't have any idea what FPA and AA is. I think the FPA is "Floor Plan Assistance" or "Floor Plan Allowance" to pay for interest while the dealership owns the car.
The dealer said since he didn't have to put the vehicle on the floor, his price to me went from invoice to invoice less 500 (guess he is giving me back most of the FPA) less any current rebates.

My deal is 53900 and I can live with it.
upload_2017-12-25_11-6-24.png

Back