• Register Today It's free!

How to paint Cladding

Walsdorf34

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 2wd 4.0L
I have an Silver 01' ST with a dark grey Cladding/Bummer/Rear Bummer. What do i need to do in order to paint this black?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thx man. earlier today i came across your truck on mysporttrac.com, so that gave me the idea of painting the bottom black. weird thing is is that i just put on a 3" body lift and i have that exact grille guard with exact lights and i was also in the process of making custom brackets for it to fit, and i was pretty much doing the same thing as your brackets. what a coincidence. also how wide are you tires, and what size rim?

I recommend that you get the get flexible bumper primer and apply that first before the black flexible bumper paint.

And take you time and do 2 or 3 light coats of each.

My first attempt at painting some cladding black. I didn't take my time. And I didn't use primer. It wasn't long before that paint peeled off.

Good luck.

...you could use krylon fusion for plastic...another member painted is explorer tupperware and that motivated me to do my ranger...no problems at all so far and it's been tested regular as it is my work truck/dd and has been tested well at the dunes...;)

...here is a link to my ranger paint thread..:D
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186873

I have had the sides done and will have the rear bumper at the body shop tommorrow. I have a friend the has a body shop and he is painting them for me in a semi gloss black. I also had my side steps Rhino lined, came out real well.

Back