How to remove grille air bubbles 07 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to remove grille air bubbles 07 explorer

Jay1234

Reaction score
City, State
bronx New york
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer eddie bauer
My 07 ford recently started getting air bubbles on the grille. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a painted grill or chrome? If its painted then it will need to be sanded and repainted. If you have a chrome grill and its startind to flake off there is not a way to fix the chrome besides getting a new grill.

There are a few things that are cheaper than a new grill you could flake off as much of the old chrome and paint it or plastidip it. If you like the chrome look you could try chrome vinyl wrap and wrap the grill. The vinyl wrap wont look like the original but it is better than having the chrome peal off. I used some on the top of the shifter knob its not great but it looks better than having spots if chrome missing.

I have the original chrome grille that came with the truck. And yeah I was thinking about getting a new one but I wanted to know if theres a way I can fix the one I have now because to be honest it looks kinda fake and ugly with the chrome all bubbled up like that. But thank you for the suggestion I highly appreciate it.

Replacement. I've found them online for < $200. Mine is starting to bubble also. I'll be replacing it within the next 6 months or so.

Back