How to tell mileage? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to tell mileage?

I just sold My '91 326K miles. The top of the steering wheel had No Grip left on it. It was shiny.
I replaced the worn out Brake pedal so that may not be a true indication.

Mine ran quiet, didn't burn oil and was great when I sold it. Mileage doesn't matter to me, I have a few other cars over 300K miles. I keep up on maintanence and they run.

I just went out and tried looking at mine and there were no marks on the odometer at all. Did find out that instead of 137k on it, it most likely has at least 237k on it because it is now on its third starter that I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfrmcolorado
wow.....after looking at this post never expected to go out to my truck n find out i have 302,666 miles on it. Thought it just rolled over to 200,x... Damn.

Was there an actual mark on the speedo?? ASKD BY SHADOW91.....

Yes there was on the white 1/10 counter of the odometer. Kinda couldnt beleave it. I know the truck had sum miles on it but the carfaxs history reports on the milage warnings is beleavible now. it showd a couple of time the history in different yers was at 45,x.. then 98,x.. then 25,x.. and when i bought it it had 1,500 on it. now rolled back over to 2,x... It does have a solid score line all the way around it if that is the mark everyone is talking about. I'd like to pos a pic when i get more time to see if what im looking at is indeed the mark of the miles lol.

when i bought mine the guy said it had 105000 a year ago! the interior is flawless and the body is very straight NO rust! but the idiot put stop leak through the radiator witch clogged the head gasket. so ended up cracking the head! after we took it apart i want to say mine has 205000 from all the wear on the motor. I took it to a machine shop that has rebuild lots of the 4.0s to see what they thought they said looked like 200k. so its hard to judge. i still want to find out for sure!

Back