How to tell which Tow Package I have -- 2011 Exp XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to tell which Tow Package I have -- 2011 Exp XLT

rick9667

Reaction score
City, State
Grandview Heights, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello - New to this forum and to the Explorer...so be gentle....

I have a 2011 Explorer XLT but not sure what towing package I have. I do have a "Tow" button.... but just not sure I have the oil/trans cooler. How do I tell what towing (if any) package or options I have?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have a tow button you have the tow package. There is only one package.

I have a 2011 Explorer XLT but not sure what towing package I have. I do have a "Tow" button.... but just not sure I have the oil/trans cooler. How do I tell what towing (if any) package or options I have?

Put your VIN in this website and it'll create a window sticker image that you can see how your EX (or any recent ford) was originally configured

http://cwsi.net/fordvin/

Welcome to the Forum rick9667.:wavey:
As harlenm said, there is only one factory installed tow package. It is the one with the class III hitch. That will allow you to tow up to 5000 pounds.

Peter

Tow Package

Many thanks to the quick responses.... Good to hear that I have the full tow package! Will only be towing ~ 3,300 #'s... pop-up camper. Sounds like I will need to have the trailer brake control installed... and I'm good to go.

Really liking my new Explorer.... great having this site for the sharing of information!!

Thanks again..... Rick

Back