How would cobra R's w/ 31's look? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How would cobra R's w/ 31's look?

i was gonna get 15'' MT classic II's to go with my 31's, but i'm thinking a set of 15'' cobra R's with my 31's might look pretty cool. i don't want a 17'' rim b/c then i can't use my 31's, or get them in the future. if i were to get 17's, i would want a tire that would give the equal height that the 31's would to cut down wheel gap but they would most likely be expensive tires or too thin. and no lowering!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never seen it before so I could tell you how it would look, but I'm guessing not bad. Be a trend setter and do it

Dooood.. I might be doing this down the road when I get 35's. Cept I'd get 17's. Have you seen TrckMagik's old Sport Trac? 17" Cobra R's with 35" tires. Whoo weee it was hot.

There has been a Sport Trac on here with Cobra R'S with 35's I think. It was rolled though. I thought it looked great.

Originally posted by Texplorer
There has been a Sport Trac on here with Cobra R'S with 35's I think. It was rolled though. I thought it looked great.

Yea im sure your thinking of the one Section is think of, it was truck magiks.....

I'm interested to see how they would look. I think it might look pretty cool.

Dead Link Removed

not the best Picture, srry

EDIT - you beat me to it section
EDIT EDIT- yes it was a very NICE truck...........

Yeppers. Thats my old Sport Trac. Man that was a nice ride. I worked really hard on that truck only to have the lift installed for 4 days before I rolled it.

I did get alot of comments on the truck with Cobra R's and 35's.

i didn't even know they sold 15'' cobra's until my uncle got them for his 86 mustang.thas what got me thinkin. i could just swap'em out on his??:D i need to find out what size the 15's are, like offset, bs, just to make sure i don't need spacers or anything.

Here is mine from a long long time ago. Those are 31x1150x17 Mickey Thompson Baja Belted Radials.
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

hey mudd, how much of a lift did you have on there?

Originally posted by alphabets13
hey mudd, how much of a lift did you have on there?
None.

Originally posted by XplorerKid
what a change your explorer Has made, thats the same one you have now??

The same. Just wait until I get to stage 4 ;)
Stage 1: Cobra R's on 31's, no lift
Stage 2: 33 Thornbirds on superlift 5.5" lift
Stage 3: 36 TSL's on hp dana 44 and custom 8" lift.
Stage 4: ???

Back