• Register Today It's free!

Howdy from Barrie Ontario Canada

besnowplowing

Reaction score
City, State
Barrie Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT 4X4
Well hi there everyone.... I am from Barrie Ontario Canada and have just purchased a 1992 Explorer XL 4X4 for my daughter as her very 1st vehicle.

This truck has 225000 km and runs like a TOP the interior is mint although I do have to replace the non-exsistant rocker panels...

I now have a problem. the truck was running great, got in it this morning to fuel it up and it runs like a bag of crap.

1. while idling it seems to have a slight miss.
2. When you go to drive it, it barely wants to move
3. when you do get it to move, there is some smoke comming from the tailpipe.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is the first Ford I have ever owned, so i really don't know where to start on this truck.

Thanks so Much
Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! Do some searching and you will find helpful info.

welcome brian

Welcome from across the lake :) My first 2 guesses would be that you are starving for fuel, or are having a spark delivery/timing issue. Make sure all the plug wires are fully seated, and check under the hood for vacuum hose problems. A fuel pressure gauge will tell if you are getting enough pressure to the fuel rail.

Thanks all, I am going to replace the fuel filter, plugs and wires are good, then I guess I will check the fuel pressure. No there is no check engine light, so after all that I'm lost.

Back