• Register Today It's free!

hp for a 2000 sport v6 4.0L sohc

2000_x

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond Hill, Ontario, CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
fairwell 2000, hello 2001
how much hp does a 2000 Explorer sport v6 4.0L sohc have? What is the major difference between the 4.0L ohv and the 4.0L sohc?

Thanks!!!:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

205-210.

The SOHC has a camshaft in each cylinder head while the OHV has one in the block. The SOHC is a more efficient design.

the SOHC is 205-210 hp. the OHV is 160 hp.

And Jason is quicker than I am ;) The difference is in the heads, pistons, cams, and intake.

is mine the same? ohv? how can i tell.. they did a swap on the engine when we flooded the last one.. damn intake being by the bottom of the bumper.. grr..

Originally posted by Limited96
is mine the same? ohv? how can i tell.. they did a swap on the engine when we flooded the last one.. damn intake being by the bottom of the bumper.. grr..
Your engine is the 4.0 OHV.

SOHC and OHV are completely different engine types. I could go on explaining the differences (I can if you want...I like explaning things ;) ), but suffice to say, SOHC, and DOHC are generally a much better design when done correctly. It just sucks to change the timing chain/belts... :( But at least I can't blow a pushrod :D

Back