Husky Mat pictures

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
For anyone still debating on what mats to get, figured I'd post pictures of the mats installed. Please disregard the dirt, afterall, that's what the mats are there for. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love how the front mats cover the lower hump where the bottom of the door is when closed. Covers all the carpet for getting in and out.

passenger.jpg

over3rdrowcargo.jpg

driver.jpg

3rdrowwell.jpg

2ndrow.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DId you have problems with the rear trunk mat having creasing on the sides and not conforming very well toward the middle front sides.

DId you have problems with the rear trunk mat having creasing on the sides and not conforming very well toward the middle front sides.

Originally because the mat was rolled. On a nice mid 60 degree day I put it in my driveway with a gallon oil jug sitting on it in all 4 corners for a couple hours and that did the trick.

You can still see the edges pointing upward a bit where the seatbelts are... I haven't attached the velcro dots yet to fix that.

Actually I was referring to the trunk mat( rear that goes in the well). Bought mine about a month ago and had problems with it fitting right. Debating on sending it back for another ( bad cast possibly)

Looks awesome........any news on 3rd row footwell yet?

Im dying to order the set as my kids soccer boots are killing the carpet.

Can you guys talk a bit about the mat's material and how slippery they may be? Showed these to my spouse since the Explorer is her ride and she is very concerned that they appear to be slippery vs. the WeatherTech All Weather mats that we had in her old vehicle.

With all the snow and cold up here in northern MN, she is afraid of slipping on the mats when entering and exiting since she is vertically challenged!

Had huskies before in my other vehicles, never had a problem with slipping. Not much exp with these and wet to make a call on them yet. The Weather Tecs will not cover as much carpet so if you are worried about that.

I am also waiting for husky to release the 3rd row footwell. For now, I just put a piece of generic foam over the carpet, looks terrible but at least it keeps my little ones from getting the carpet dirty!

Actually I was referring to the trunk mat( rear that goes in the well). Bought mine about a month ago and had problems with it fitting right. Debating on sending it back for another ( bad cast possibly)

No issues.. what I did have to do is reach under the seat and pull from the front rather then push it in. Doing that got it to fit in the way it is supposed to. Try doing that, grab the front lip and pull forward.

Touching base with Steve on Monday. Should be good to go then. Ill update then.

Had huskies before in my other vehicles, never had a problem with slipping. Not much exp with these and wet to make a call on them yet. The Weather Tecs will not cover as much carpet so if you are worried about that.

I have only tested with wet shoes/sneakers. No issues with slipping. I don't forsee any issues.. I'm in NH so we deal with snow too. I'm very happy with design and feel. Can't beat 40% off retail either.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Those look much better than what I thought they looked like.

What happens to the cargo liner if you need to activate the third row? Can it bend over or does it need to be removed first?

Regarding slipperiness...there is a slight pebbling on the surface that you can't see in the pictures, so they do grip a bit. And @robpco, you pretty much need to remove the liner if you use the 3rd row. You could roll it up and stick it in the well behind the third row I guess, but then you wouldn't be able to put much else back there.

What happens to the cargo liner if you need to activate the third row? Can it bend over or does it need to be removed first?

It is like a throw rug on a house floor. It will roll right up. You could roll it up, stick it in the 3rd row well area vertically and lean it against the side.

Pictures look great. I too will order for the third row foot well when it's available. Keep us posted. Should a link to this thread be posted in the Husky/ Weathetech mats - Group Buy thread. I accidently stumbled onto this thread and I'm glad I did. Seeing the pictures makes me feal better about ordering my mats yesterday. I now know what they will look like. My FWD 202A-XLT, Sterling Gray w/ CB Leather is scheduled to be built on Monday (4/25). I'm sure I will have the mats before the vehicle.

Nice set of good looking mats there. I'm planning to buy a set by next month before the monsoon season kicks in. I think those Husky Mats cost less than Weather Tech mats.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What site did you order those from?

Back