HVAC issues.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HVAC issues....

RickMD

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
New, desperate member here.

2011 Explorer Limited with a million issues (of course), but seeking help with my HVAC issue.

I'm getting zero heat on the drivers side. When A/C is on, it blends fine, but not for the heat. I just changed out the blend actuator, figuring that was the issue, but it's not. I can feel the actuator working while switching it from heat to cool. Anybody have a suggestion for a fix now? I'm exhausted with this.

Thanks !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Rick.:wave:
I take it the passenger side and all other heat functions work? If so then it would indicate an issue with just the driver's side. Although the actuator seems to be working I don't know if that proves the 'blend door' if functioning correctly. I'm not really sure how the whole thing is set up so it's only a guess.

Peter

Yes. All other heat works. I guess I have to go deeper into the dash and maybe change out the blend door itself.

Yes. All other heat works. I guess I have to go deeper into the dash and maybe change out the blend door itself.

You made sure you replace the correct actuator? Just checking.

I'll be trying that tonight after work!! Cheers

PM sent for any update.

Back