Hydrobooster (run your Ex on water) - your opinions please! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hydrobooster (run your Ex on water) - your opinions please!

762mm

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT (4x4, SOHC)
Hey all,

In the recent past, I have heard many things about this new "hydrobooster" idea that's supposed to save you big $ on gas (hey, I'll take anything I can get at this point, since I'm tired of getting raped by Saudi Arabia with their gas prices!). I've even seen commercials of this on some satellite channels a couple months back and some people I know (personal acquaintances, not some anonymous douchebags) have done it on gas engines and report that it actually works.

The idea is basically simple: a PVC tank that can withstand boiling temperatures, distilled water + baking soda and two electrodes (+ and -) connected to a 30 amp relay that makes them hot when the truck is running. The gas port is connected to the air intake, thus sending Hydrogen and Oxygen into the air mixture, reducing the amount of gasoline needed.

The problem: from what I've been told, the only problem will be the PCM on modern cars/trucks.. it will screw up the readings (lean/rich) and throw a CEL. Some say you can go around this by wrapping your O2 sensors in tin foil and/or that the problem usually goes away once the engine warms up.

Any opinions, ideas or better yet experience with these here hydro-boosters are more than welcome. From what I hear, this has been around since the 1920's, but as it's usually the case, apparently 'they' will not allow it to be mass produced or even advertised (oil giants and their cousins, the car manufacturers). :D

I can't upload the blueprint for the DIY "Hydrobooster" (over my very tiny upload limit, lol), so here's the link instead:

http://waterpoweredcar.com/hydrobooster.html

There is already an extensive thread on this subject on this website, it can be found at:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140

Could you please refrain from your unique descriptions of untrusted individuals. We try very hard to keep these forums as professional as possible.

-Joe

Could you please refrain from your unique descriptions of untrusted individuals. We try very hard to keep these forums as professional as possible.

-Joe

Yeah, so do I.. that's why the 'unique description' reserved for those individuals. My inquiry is not aimed at receiving replies consisting of urban legends such as "a friend of a friend of someone I knew in high-school did this on his 67 Camaro and [...]". A reply like that has the same credibility as no reply at all (just wastes precious webpage loading time).

Besides, I know the general rules of conduct behind the whole idea of a forum.. and as we can both see, I've been around here a bit longer than you and helped many people over the years while at it as well. I'm very "Pro" even if I never applied for Elite membership - I believe that the help we all offer to one another should be enough.

Plus, I think that among adults there's no need for throwing a fit over a word such as "douchebag", now is there?

So chill, dude! It's all good... It's just that some of us have grown up doing other things than watching the Disney channel all day or spending Sundays volunteering for Altar Boy duty. A few swear words here and there is healthy for the general public.. Like they say, it's the quiet and peaceful mofos you've got to watch the most: they're usually the ones who blow a fuse the first, bring an AK-47 to the mall and light up a few soccer moms. ;)

P.S. Thanks for the link!

Back