• Register Today It's free!

Hyundai Accent Milage

studd469

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer Limited
Yes thats right last year I bought a 2008 Hyundai Accent Sport for the wife. Is there anyone on this forum that has one as well? First off I gotta say, all though this isn't a Hyundai forum Im probably going to get better answers then I did in the Officail Hyundai Forum.

I've had the car for just under a year now, its a 5 speed 1.6L 4cyl pushing a crazy 110HP lol. I cant help but feel like Im getting crappy milage. Aldive truck probably gets better milage then the Accent.
For the last month and a half I have been driving it till the fuel light comes on to see how far I can actualy go on a tank of gas. It averages out to 419km per tank of gas. Everytime I fill up it takes around 42-43 liters, this is with me squeezing every bit of gas into the tank. I'm wondering what everyone else is getting on their Accents.

I've talked with the dealers and all they can tell me is that it varys with the way one drives and where they drive etc. Same kind of answer I got from the Accent Forums. I need some numbers to compare. Any help would be appreciated

From what I searched it has a 10 US gallon tank.. So roughly 26 MPG at your current rate @ 260 miles The fuel economy according to reports is 27 MPG city & 32 highway. I would check things like tire pressure first. If that checks out fine, check things like the o2 sensors.. Maybe your running rich.

Ouch! I had a Santa fei...........hated it after a month, sold it and bought another Ex-smiles since then!

tire pressure is good. and I don't have any check engine lights. Im guna scan computer for codes as soon as I can get my hand on a reader.

Back