i am new to this forum but i don't have ford ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i am new to this forum but i don't have ford ??

niljaviya

Reaction score
hi experts,
i am new to forum but i don't have FORD , but i am lover of gentle modification
so i joined.... Hope i get some help for my truck too..

i have Honda CRV 2005 , Automatic, 2.4 L , AWD , i am at toronto/canada
this is one of ultimate piece of Engineering
i am planning to do certain basic modification which made easy to maintain my regular DIY maintenance if you experts have any advice ??

1) i want to make washable engine/cabin Air filter is it possible this way or not?? advice needed !!!
i will buy good quality washable home air filter . than i will cut it as i needed , remove my old/used engine air filter. cut all filter paper and materials
just keep top/bottom plastic parts than with adhesive i will stick new filter material which i got from Home filters.

same thing for my cabin filter tooo....
so when ever it dirty i can wash it , dry it and use it again and again

is this really work??? is there any difference between auto air filter and home air filters???

i am perfect in engineering so i want put any moving parts which can go inside engine and f**K my truck

here in canada Engine air filter is $65 , cabin air filter $35
where as best quality washable home air filter (Big rectangle) $30
i can make both filter from one , still it will remain
just wash and use nothing else

i need advice on this of you experts . do you have any suggestions
any thing specially do i take care ?? which HOME air filter i can use

help appreciated / thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi experts,
i am new to forum but i don't have FORD , but i am lover of gentle modification
so i joined.... Hope i get some help for my truck too..

i have Honda CRV 2005 , Automatic, 2.4 L , AWD , i am at toronto/canada
this is one of ultimate piece of Engineering
i am planning to do certain basic modification which made easy to maintain my regular DIY maintenance if you experts have any advice ??

1) i want to make washable engine/cabin Air filter is it possible this way or not?? advice needed !!!
i will buy good quality washable home air filter . than i will cut it as i needed , remove my old/used engine air filter. cut all filter paper and materials
just keep top/bottom plastic parts than with adhesive i will stick new filter material which i got from Home filters.

same thing for my cabin filter tooo....
so when ever it dirty i can wash it , dry it and use it again and again

is this really work??? is there any difference between auto air filter and home air filters???

i am perfect in engineering so i want put any moving parts which can go inside engine and f**K my truck

here in canada Engine air filter is $65 , cabin air filter $35
where as best quality washable home air filter (Big rectangle) $30
i can make both filter from one , still it will remain
just wash and use nothing else

i need advice on this of you experts . do you have any suggestions
any thing specially do i take care ?? which HOME air filter i can use

help appreciated / thanks in advance

I would not recommend cutting filters to fit. They are the particular size and density to allow the proper airflow. If you go to reducing the size you will change the quantity of airflow the filter was engineered for, this would most likely starve your engine for power.

OMG, I just realized you are intending to use a furnace filter.... WOW is all I can honestly say here. Looking for tips on a Honda on a Ford site, then intending to use a Furnace filter for your air filter...... I don't mean to be rude, but WOW.

I smell something fishy.
nemo.jpg

Honda forums are easily found with tools such as www.Google.com

I find it very suspect that someone would go to another Vehicle forum and claim " this is one of ultimate piece of Engineering" in regards to a make different than what the forum was intended. That's like me going to a Chevy Blazer forum, claiming my Explorer Supreme SUV and asking for tips on modding it.

Moved here from wrong section. Hope someone can help. :)

Back